Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Drug Testing be Required to Receive Public Assitance?

What does everybody think about this?
    http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/...ssistance.aspx

What about Unemployment? If you are getting high are you really looking for a job? Many employers require drug test nowadays. What about people SSI/SSDI and other government programs?

My union requires me to take drug tests. If I fail, I do not receive a paycheck because I no longer am employed.

So who will be responsible to pay for the 30day rehab completion program so the deadbeats can get their checks? You know that's how it will end up.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Yes.
    Always here

I hate to say it but yes....and the reason I hate to say it is I know a fee veterans who smoke pot...mostly for the pain or to forget the horrors they have seen.

Maybe if you paid for your benefits then no, but if you are receiving free help then yes....by all means drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I hate to say it but yes....and the reason I hate to say it is I know a fee veterans who smoke pot...mostly for the pain or to forget the horrors they have seen.
    I work with a decorated marine who did 2 tours in Iraq with multiple confirmed kills and has been home since 2004. He still suffers from PTSD and severe migranes. Got to know him real well this year after I got hurt as he was my helper/apprentice. I was working with him during the practice of the "Air and Water" show in Chicago. Military aircraft flying around all day. He had an "episode" as he calls them. He has also shared with me many of the issues he still has, readjusting, 9 years later. He doesn't smoke pot.
    Personally, I don't care one way or another if you are doing it on your own time and it does not interfere with your work. I do not want my tax dollars perpetuating the illness called welfare.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    What does everybody think about this?
    http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/...ssistance.aspx

What about Unemployment? If you are getting high are you really looking for a job? Many employers require drug test nowadays. What about people SSI/SSDI and other government programs?
    I suggest restructuring of the type of aid given.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I think Tenn and maybe some other states either already have those laws or they are fixing to come on the books.

One thing I heard about Tenns law is that it will only be for the first time.... when you first apply for aid...... and even if they do find that you are on drugs they cannot deny you the aid.... its just that the aid will be given to someone like a relative who will dispense it to the needy family.

How is that gonna work when you have whole generations of shiftless no good people..... I know some sorry ass good for nothing kids who learned it all from their own parents and grandparents.

Extermination of the shiftless and lazy is our only choice..... its the only choice that is going to produce positive results....... and of course it will never happen because these shiftless and lazy drug addicts are not just no good........they are "sick"....and need help....

Ive never in my life seen a sickness that 200-300 grains of lead thru the brain wouldnt cure.....

As long as people have children to use as meal tickets then the government is going to support those people and their children. It doesnt get as simple as that......

Forced sterilization could be another solution..... but that could be seen as abortion in a way.... preventing a woman from having a child..... by force.... I dont know how jesus would feel about that......

We could always have a prayer given before the sterilization is done...... something like..... "God, we are sterilizing this worthless woman or man but if you desire them to be able to have children in the future please step in now and stop the operation".... Give him 5 minutes to make his mind up and then proceed if a lightning bolt doesnt strike the operating room........
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

I don't think so, but I'm a bit draconian and think most of these programs need to go away in the first place. They do more harm then good creating dependence and hopelessness. I have seen first hand the situation of someone forced to chose living with help solely because if they took a job it would make her children less well off. This was a family member who was deeply ashamed of taking things like food stamps who wanted to work. Then their is the uselessness of drug testing in the first place. People already have ways around these tests, so requiring them is sorta pointless. This is a useless feel good measure.

The solution is winding down these programs, not useless programs that just cost more money.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I work with a decorated marine who did 2 tours in Iraq with multiple confirmed kills and has been home since 2004. He still suffers from PTSD and severe migranes. Got to know him real well this year after I got hurt as he was my helper/apprentice. I was working with him during the practice of the "Air and Water" show in Chicago. Military aircraft flying around all day. He had an "episode" as he calls them. He has also shared with me many of the issues he still has, readjusting, 9 years later. He doesn't smoke pot.
    Personally, I don't care one way or another if you are doing it on your own time and it does not interfere with your work. I do not want my tax dollars perpetuating the illness called welfare.
    I understand.... but personally I think our veterans deserve whatever we give them....in my eyes it's their money, they earned it.

We as tax payers give politicians more in one year than many active duty service members make in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I understand.... but personally I think our veterans deserve whatever we give them....in my eyes it's their money, they earned it.

We as tax payers give politicians more in one year than many active duty service members make in 5 years.
    +1, Veterans should be exempt from drug testing.

I've been an advocate for drug testing for many a year now. I've seen whole sect 8 housing tenants abusing the system.
    I know of personally, a couple who receive more $$$$ monthly than I do, and are broke borrowing $$ the week after their check.
    Crack is an ugly drug, and the poor children are the real victims

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

YES! And I think all politicians should be tested.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

What answer would encourage folks taking responsibility for their actions/choices... and encourage them to learn to become more self-reliant?

Which-ever action has a VERIFIABLE TRACK RECORD of working... that is where my vote goes.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast