Old Williamson Oil Burner

All - I have a Williamson Oil Burner... Model: 1164-18-1 Style: 153 Ser: 7338294

The owner had replaced the nozzle some time ago and has been experiencing issues since. The spec plate shows 1.35 GPH fuel flow, 185K BTU @ 145600 BTU/hr Bonnet.

Does anyone know the correct nozzle size? Most of my contacts have suggested an 80 hollow.

Thanks for the help.

You're probably going to have to do a nozzle test. I'll explain if you dont know.
    1. Put a 1.35 80A in. Run the burner for 10 minutes (steady state), adjusting draft first (of course), then adjust the air to get a #1 smoke.
    2. Without touching any other settings (especially the head setting), replace with the same nozzle firing rate, with an 80 B. Check smoke. If it's darker then #1, it'll take the hollow nozzle. If it's lighter (without touching the air setting), then it needs a solid nozzle.

If it's lighter smoke number, adjust the air to #1 smoke again. Change nozzle to same firing rate and a 70B angle. Check smoke with the new nozzle. If its lighter, then stick with the 70B (you could repeat with a 60B, but it will most likely be worse. If its darker, but the 80B back in.

If after step #2, the smoke number is darker, go back to the same firing rate nozzle with a 70A. If the smoke number is lighter, use the 70A. Check smoke number. If the smoke number is darker, use the 80A.
    Hope that helps and is not too confusing...
    Last edited by STEVEusaPA; 01-14-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

Was going to. Didn't want to buy to many nozzles and leave on the truck. Dad did all the oil work, i seldom get calls now. Was hoping someone knew the correct nozzle offhand. Thanks for the help!

Np. CORRECTION on the nozzle test!! You do the test with a #2 smoke. The best that old burner might do is trace-to a #1 smoke