New Whole House Humidifier Hasn't Raised Humidity

After going through my first winter in the new house, I noticed that the air seemed a little dry. I bought a humidity gauge just to see how bad it was. Consistently, our humidity is probably at 18-22% once it starts getting cold.

So, I called up the guy that had installed my furnace/AC and he just finished up the job around 2 weeks ago. This is what he installed.

http://www.generalfilters.com/produc...fier_PT14.html

I set the humidistat to 40% and, after a couple days, saw no uptick in humidity (even after moving it to several rooms). I called the guy and he said to crank it up a bit more, but that it might take a couple weeks to reach the target level.

Now 2 weeks later, the humidity has not moved at all. I’ve verified that it does kick on when the furnace turns on and that water is going into the unit. So it appears to be working ok.

Is it the installation or is this a sub-optimal unit that he installed?

Thanks for your help!

Raise it more and see if that makes a difference. Looks like a good unit to me but some pics would help of the instal.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

How frequent does it cycle? If only during heat demand it may be the reason as to why it won't change even when you turn it to a higher setting. I say that assuming it's installed correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Raise it more and see if that makes a difference. Looks like a good unit to me but some pics would help of the instal.
    I actually cranked it up to the max and no change. I'll have to take some pictures though

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    How frequent does it cycle? If only during heat demand it may be the reason as to why it won't change even when you turn it to a higher setting. I say that assuming it's installed correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I have thought about that as the reason maybe why it's not moving. Just a guess but at this time of year, prob just goes on every 15 to 20 mins and only for 5 mins at a time. Would turning the fan on all the time do anything?

How cold is it in your area. As in are you having a warm winter for your area.

Have your installer come back out and connect it to the hot water line. It will work better if its set up that it can run anytime the humidity is low. Which will require the installer to change some wiring so the blower also comes on.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?