Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    People in the USA live a lot longer than they did fifty years ago. Average life expectancy has steadily risen through history. It aint like they were starving to death this century either. They were dying from hbp, heart disease, cancer, etc. Still are but living a little longer. Stick your head in the sand and dont listen to the medical community if you want to. The unnecessary drugs are what the other guy is taking.
    Actually, the single greatest reason for longevity is a sanitary sewer system. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    My apologies if this has been stated already. How about a google map and editorial of everyone on prozak?
    This is tacky... however this makes more sense than doing the same with gun owners.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Actually, the single greatest reason for longevity is a sanitary sewer system. ;-)
    That may be true over the last 200 years. What about the last 30, 50, or 70 years?

Do you agree with G's thoughts that most dont need drugs, just good clean living.

Would you take Coumidin (sp?) if you had a-fib and were 78 yo?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This is tacky... however this makes more sense than doing the same with gun owners.
    My sarcasm shows. lol
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

I had a near death experience last Friday night, Suzi (my favorite Bartender) said she ran out of Capt'n Morgan, I almost went into vapor lock.....she found a bottle in the back room, disaster averted

On a serious note, My son is a Type I diabetic, If he doesn't take his Insulin in the morning, he'll be in a coma by noon, if he still doesn't get his stuff, he'll be dead by 5pm.

It's my personal belief (and only mine) that "they" will never find a cure for diabetes. there is to much money involved. To much money in the medication, testing equipment, test strips and lab work.

I have been hearing "they" will have a cure in 3 to 5 years....I have been hearing that for 20 years
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

My apologies if this has been stated already. How about a google map and editorial of everyone on prozak?
    That would probably be a felony violation of their HIPPA rights..

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I feel for ya brother. My wifes M.S. treatment is an infusion. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...mab/index.aspx

The money we pay out above is out of pocket, with insurance. W/out insurance, I would not be able to keep her in her meds. Like you, we both know the M.S. will take her life so we try and make the best of the times we have now, even though they are affected by her disease.

There are some good meds, no doubt, but I think M.S. is a disease like cancer, if a cure is found they wont release it because there is too much money to be made from it.
    I'm a bit torn on the whole "conspiracy" type theory about pharmaceutical companies and doctors withholding more effective treatments or cures because they make more money on the status quo.

While I do think that some people are solely motivated by money and companies are more so motivated, a part of me wants to believe that doctors wouldn't go through the education and training required to be doctors without a strong motivation to help people.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm a bit torn on the whole "conspiracy" type theory about pharmaceutical companies and doctors withholding more effective treatments or cures because they make more money on the status quo.

While I do think that some people are solely motivated by money and companies are more so motivated, a part of me wants to believe that doctors wouldn't go through the education and training required to be doctors without a strong motivation to help people.
    I have known people that used to sell pharmaceuticals. The ones that I know, albeit only two, got out of it because of ethical reasons.....in other words....they had them. The stories would sway you more towards the conspiracy side if that's what you want to call it. No matter, they were only the pawns, it's the Kings and Queens that really ruled the board.

As far as Doctors, there are ones that care, ones that don't, and those that will do what they have to cover their a$$. No different than any other profession really.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I had a near death experience last Friday night, Suzi (my favorite Bartender) said she ran out of Capt'n Morgan, I almost went into vapor lock.....she found a bottle in the back room, disaster averted

On a serious note, My son is a Type I diabetic, If he doesn't take his Insulin in the morning, he'll be in a coma by noon, if he still doesn't get his stuff, he'll be dead by 5pm.

It's my personal belief (and only mine) that "they" will never find a cure for diabetes. there is to much money involved. To much money in the medication, testing equipment, test strips and lab work.

I have been hearing "they" will have a cure in 3 to 5 years....I have been hearing that for 20 years
    Captain Morgan, My God......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_H_sVNgvf4
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I have known people that used to sell pharmaceuticals. The ones that I know, albeit only two, got out of it because of ethical reasons.....in other words....they had them. The stories would sway you more towards the conspiracy side if that's what you want to call it. No matter, they were only the pawns, it's the Kings and Queens that really ruled the board.

As far as Doctors, there are ones that care, ones that don't, and those that will do what they have to cover their a$$. No different than any other profession really.
    Sadly... IMO what is in this post is true.

I remember my Dad before he died... Endless doctor visits... and more liability disclaimers than medical help. The doc was not a US born citizen... and he talked regularly about going home as soon as he retired. Seems to me he was here just to make the max $$$ off this rich nation...

The medical system is broken... While I do not think bummer-care is the answer... I do think blindly trusting the medical system is something similar to p**ing into the wind. One will not like the results.

There ARE alternatives most of the time... they do require making some difficult decisions (like a healthy diet and low stress lifestyle). I guess we have a choice... each of us makes it and each of us lives with it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Years ago when my MIL came to live with us- she had prescriptions for 19 different pills she took daily. She was like a zombie. The 1st thing we did was take her to a new doctor & take her off everything except 4. She was a different person after that. Whitty, bright, it was like she woke up from a deep sleep. She had taken these pills for years & I'm convinced they had alot to do with her Dementia years later.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Sadly... IMO what is in this post is true.

I remember my Dad before he died... Endless doctor visits... and more liability disclaimers than medical help. The doc was not a US born citizen... and he talked regularly about going home as soon as he retired. Seems to me he was here just to make the max $$$ off this rich nation...

The medical system is broken... While I do not think bummer-care is the answer... I do think blindly trusting the medical system is something similar to p**ing into the wind. One will not like the results.

There ARE alternatives most of the time... they do require making some difficult decisions (like a healthy diet and low stress lifestyle). I guess we have a choice... each of us makes it and each of us lives with it.
    ^^^^^
    Now we're talking!
    Good post!
    Too bad, due to pride and laziness, that post will fall on most deaf ears!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Thanks BB. I am so happy someone gets it....
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast