Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Isn't that used for those with an irrational fear of chain lube?
    Whoops wrong one I meant zofrangoutinalatoroutinall

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Maybe you need some Lybrium (Spelling?) and just relax and take it eassssy. LOL
    you mean Lithium?
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Get a blood clot and don't take blood thinners and see how long until your funeral, just one example.
    You can buy a herb at the local health food store for around $15/100... take one a day along with a common sense diet... and a STRESS REDUCTION lifestyle... and you will not need to take Coumadin (which is warferin... that is; rat poison).

So which makes more sense: A healthy lifestyle... or taking rat poison for your blood pressure?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    GOUT.....end of story
    Gout can be reversed with a healthy diet and stress reduction. There is a guy at my church who did it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Well, there are some psych drugs that correct a chemical imbalance in the brain such as lithium salts used to treat bipolar disorder. Then you also have a situation where you might need to couple an antimanic drug such as Depakene or Tegretol with lithium to treat the manic phase.

That said, I think the vast bulk of psych drugs are not required and in many if not most cases, become a crutch or convert people into zombies. Understand that as a retired paramedic who transported a LOT of patients from my State's Psych. Hospital system, I've seen these zombies. When you pick up a patient in a medical facility, they give you a cover sheet listing their history an current meds. When you see the average patient with 3-5 psych drugs, then you begin to accept that about 75% of all psychiatrist suffer from depression and commit suicide just as much as any other group of MDs. To me, you have nuts treating and often creating nuts. There are very few who are really insane and deserve to be institutionalized.

Yes, this country has a pill for every occasion. If you don't have a hangup or problem, don't worry because they have pills that can create one for you. Personally, I'd love to know how much Prozac and similar drugs are being mis-prescribed for chronic low level CO poisoning...
    Good post Hearth!

IMO... the pharma business WANTS folks to think (in fear) they NEED those drugs for the rest of their lives.

Think with me of a business model where folks truly BELIEVE they NEED something... something you are making a HUGE and OBSCENE profit on.

Now take a look at which stocks on Wall Street pay the LARGEST dividends:

AT&T and Verizon are the top two... followed by 4 pharma companies...

Folks, we need to wake up and take a HARD look at what we are being told and what we are believing.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You can buy a herb at the local health food store for around $15/100... take one a day along with a common sense diet... and a STRESS REDUCTION lifestyle... and you will not need to take Coumadin (which is warferin... that is; rat poison).

So which makes more sense: A healthy lifestyle... or taking rat poison for your blood pressure?
    Unless time is a factor as in pulinary embolism, you know you scrap or bump you thigh in the attic and form a blod clot which goes to your lungs and you pass out cause you don't know what the hell going on, oh I should have got that darn herb at the health food store, wait a minute if I'm in cali I can its called pot. Stress releiver, calming affects oh yea bring it on.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

You guys not seeing your doc and getting the advice/medication you need are crazy !

10 foot tall and bullet proof only last so long....

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Unless time is a factor as in pulinary embolism, you know you scrap or bump you thigh in the attic and form a blod clot which goes to your lungs and you pass out cause you don't know what the hell going on, oh I should have got that darn herb at the health food store, wait a minute if I'm in cali I can its called pot. Stress releiver, calming affects oh yea bring it on.
    And there is a difference between the herb and taking rat poison to thin your blood?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    You guys not seeing your doc and getting the advice/medication you need are crazy !

Well lessee...

Turned 60 this year... and so far it is lasting. And there is a lady at Church who is over 70... she has the same attitude I do. She is every bit as healthy as her children.

We are believing a lie when we think we NEED all this doc and drugs stuff... Are we gonna find the truth... or stay medicated?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

You can take Coumadin for prevention of strokes and heart attacks caused by an embolism. However, a bleed can cause the same net effect, only a brain bleed will likely kill you. A lot of people with atrial fibrillation take anti-coagulants to prevent a CerebroVascular Accident (CVA), pulmonary embolism (PE), or myocardial infarction (MI) from micro-emboli breaking loose from the fibrillating heart and forming a clot. These people must go for routine lab tests (prothrombin time or PT), to monitor their clotting time. If you bleed longer, they may order a change in dose and possibly taking a little vitamin K, which is a component of clotting. Never take aspirin (acetylsalicyclic acid or ASA) when taking a blood thinner unless specifically ordered by a physician since ASA discourages clotting by making platelets less sticky.

There are many herbs that can have a similar effect as prescription medications because that's where we get a lot of our Rx from. Understand that herbs are inconsistent in quality and quantity of effective ingredient and may contain other compounds including pesticides, microorganisms transmitted in animal poop, etc. not to mention what was on the unwashed hands of the picker.

Some foods naturally contain compounds such as salicylates (precursor to aspirin) which inhibits vitamin K's action in clotting:

Curry powder
    Cayenne pepper
    Ginger
    Paprika
    Thyme
    Cinnamon
    Dill
    Oregano
    Turmeric
    Licorice
    Peppermint
    Fruits high in salicylates include

Raisins
    Prunes
    Cherries
    Cranberries
    Blueberries
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Tangerines
    Oranges

Other substances high in salicylates:

Chewing gum
    Honey
    Peppermints
    Vinegar
    Wine
    Cider

Omega 3 fish oils are also high in salicylates, so know what you are eating.

Your body can regulate the uptake and usage of some compounds such as certain nutrients and certain vitamins while unable to store or manage others. Your body does not store vitamin C for example. You can die from eating bear or seal liver due to a vitamin A overdose.

In summary, I would highly encourage education and do as much homeopathic medicine as your research and physician agree upon. I would avoid cult-ish cures, witches brews, and anything sold on TV or radio that is not FDA approved. Having said that, there are some good drugs, herbs, compounds, etc. from all over the world but it is hard to choose which are good and which are pure enough. The first drug law in this country was the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, written by Progressives and signed by Teddy Roosevelt.

Now the other side of the story:

The FDA approved VIOX... and KNEW it caused heart-attacks. After almost a decade and something like 5000 deaths from VIOX... and mounting legal issues... the FDA finally took a second look... it is STILL being sold.

However:

Let just ONE person get sick (not die) from tryptophan (an amino acid that is found in dark turkey meat, the reason folks feel drowsy after THXgiving dinner)... and the FDA comes running to the rescue and bans it from sale.

It does not take a rocket scientist to realize there is corruption here.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you mean Lithium?
    Librium belongs to a group of medicines known as benzodiazepines, which are tranquillisers (medicines that have a calming effect) Librium capsules are used for the short-term treatment of severe anxiety, which may occur alone or in association with sleeplessness (insomnia) or personality/behavioural disorders. Librium capsules may also be used to treat muscle spasms, and to relieve symptoms of sudden alcohol withdrawal.

Lithium is used to treat the manic episodes of manic depression. Manic symptoms include hyperactivity, rushed speech, poor judgment, reduced need for sleep, aggression, and anger. It also helps to prevent or lessen the intensity of manic episodes.

Lithium may also be used for other purposes not listed.

More then I really needed to know about these drugs, but hey, I care about your well being. Please consult your local pusher before making a final decision which might best suit your needs.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post

Why yes, thanks for noticing. I will be sure and make myself a sign in craft class and hang it around my neck that say's "I am not a Doctor nor a Counselor".....just in case there is any confusion.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast