Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leak detectors.

OK, I appreciate all the time taken with feedback.
    My gut feeling is always to never skimp unless I get good advise on 'Good value' tools, never to be confused wuth "Cheap".
    I am going to bide my time and try and get a Bacharach H10PM or equivalent.

Smart move you won't regret it. You will soon be finding leaks for people that don't use the h 10

Has anyone tried the Leak detectors from AccuTools?
    They might be worth a shot for $115.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/AccuToolsel520

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Has anyone tried the Leak detectors from AccuTools?
    They might be worth a shot for $115.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/AccuToolsel520
    I haven't bought the refrigerant detector, but I have the gas leak detector, and it is fantastic. The refer detector is on my list of tools to buy in the spring.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I haven't bought the refrigerant detector, but I have the gas leak detector, and it is fantastic. The refer detector is on my list of tools to buy in the spring.
    I wanted to get the combustable gas detector but can't get one local and my company helps out with tool purchases through wholesalers. I bought a extech and am happy with it.

I like the bluvac so much I want to support them when i can.

Got the H10

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    What needs? Do you only need to find big leaks? You don't need a electronic detector for that. The first time you are running in circles looking for a leak you cant find you are going to wish you spent a little extra on one detector because more than likely down the road you will buy another model at full price and you may have two that aren't that great. There are too many guys who swear by the H-10 and seem very reliable.

Got one, Jonson RLD-H10 PM.
    Am I correct that the Bacharach and Yoko are the same?
    Look identical and hard to believe they are different, just the branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
    Got one, Jonson RLD-H10 PM.
    Am I correct that the Bacharach and Yoko are the same?
    Look identical and hard to believe they are different, just the branding.
    They all look identical but I did open an H10pm made by Yokogawa and one by Bacharach and to be honest I felt the parts for Bacharach is cheaper. Both works the same and I found many here say the same, same tool just different branding. So how is it going with you so far? I love both H10PM and TIFZX-1 old model as it seems to be built with quality than the new model which seems cheap.

Tif zx1

I've got a Fieldpiece SRL2K7 and I love it. It picks up small leaks and doesn't false alarm as much as others I have used.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Ok so you want something cheap just pick up a tek mate by Inficon.
    I have had one of those for about 7 years now. It works great on R-22 but it sucks at picking up R 410a leaks. I have a Fieldpiece SL2R that works well for R-410a but not as good as the tek mate for R-22.
    -Marty

A lot of guys at work use them and they are pretty reasonable. They still ask me to get out my h10 though whenever they work with me. My feeling had been if I can't find it with my h10 it's not leaking. Just found one the other day on a Lennox tru that we have been adding gas to about every 1.5 year and nobody could find.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    A lot of guys at work use them and they are pretty reasonable. They still ask me to get out my h10 though whenever they work with me. My feeling had been if I can't find it with my h10 it's not leaking. Just found one the other day on a Lennox tru that we have been adding gas to about every 1.5 year and nobody could find.
    Any experience finding 410 leaks with an h10. My experience has been if a 410 systems got a leak its empty by the time I get there. Had a 410 heat pump today 1 year old nordyne completely flat, pinholes in the indoor coil found with nitrogen and ears didn't have to get out tge leak detector.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12