Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half of House Connected to Heat Pump, Other Half Doesn't Have Any Heating or Cooling

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    I think inverter compressors take care of crankcase heat with trickle heat.
    What is trickle heat? I read something about it heating when the compressor is off, is that right? How do I tell if the compressor is on?

I was told to leave the fan setting on "High" instead of "Auto" and that "High" would put less stress on the unit. Do you agree?

Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newathvac View Post
    What is trickle heat? I read something about it heating when the compressor is off, is that right? How do I tell if the compressor is on?

I was told to leave the fan setting on "High" instead of "Auto" and that "High" would put less stress on the unit. Do you agree?

Thank you.
    The "trickle heat" refers to a method of keeping the compressor warm whenever it's off for extended periods. I honestly don't know if the fujitsu systems have it.

I personality tell my customers to leave the fan setting in auto. You can't really enjoy just how quiet these systems can be otherwise.

Leaving the fan speed locked in high may have it's purpose, but it will also generate a much cooler heat and during the summer months the system will not be able to dehumidify the space as affectively.

Post Likes
    isn't trickle heat a very very small amount of power
    used to keep compressor from slugging?

fan speed should be lower for summer for colder
    air & dehumidification.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy_rater_La View Post
    isn't trickle heat a very very small amount of power
    used to keep compressor from slugging?

fan speed should be lower for summer for colder
    air & dehumidification.
    Yes and fan speed in auto.

Post Likes
    Thank you for answering my questions.

I set the unit on 76 to see how warm it will get with it being 20 degress outside, and it is 71 - 72 in here. I guess that is normal for it being so cold outside.

I worry a lot, and I'm worried that the unit is running too much, or that it isn't sized correctly. I should take the advice from a poster earlier and leave the room if I think it isn't working properly.

I just want clarification on this:

Is it normal for the mini-split to run constantly, non-stop?

It was mentioned earlier about the inverter technology, so I guess that makes it all right if it runs non-stop.

Thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate your patience. I'm new at this and I'm trying to make sure I understand it correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in