+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best Christmas gift.............................

Post Likes
    refr posted

I am almost embaressed to say but it had to be the Michale Jackson pleather (fake leather) jacket with all of the zippers all over it . My mom bought me the black jacket , black parachute pants and even the one golve that he used to wear . I remember thinking how cool I am going to be when school starts back up .LOL

Didnt you wear this in Bennington at convention

Post Likes
    Actually shaun I wish I could have but that was about 120lbs ago . lol

Post Likes

Now see mrbillpro

I can spell better than that!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refrtech
    I grew up with a single mother and we were pretty poor . I always envied the kids that could afford to wear "Guess" jeans and wanted a pair sooooo bad , but there was no way my mom would spend $60-70 on a pair of jeans for me . Well one year she did buy me a pair @ the Amvets thrift shop . I was so darn happy to wear them to the skatting rink that weekend . WELL for those of you that know what Guess jeans are , the "Guess" symbol on the back pocket for boys is Green and for girls it is Red . I did not know this @ the time . Yes the jeans my mom bought me had the Red symbol on the pocket and that Friday when I wore tham to the skatting rink I was the laugh of the place . I was so embaressed . I was made fun of @ school for the next month .
    Sounds like we come from similar backgrounds. That could very well be a story from my life!
    Luke 6:31

Post Likes
    I Know I'll be showing my age here, but when I was a kid (about 10or12 yrs. old) my most treasured Christmas present was aTRANSISTER radio. WAAAAY before iPod!

Post Likes
    It would have to be the radioskack multi project electronics kit. I loved that thing! I got a transister radio kit from radioshack one year too. That was fun to build and listen to.
    Luke 6:31

Post Likes
    I had the little chopper too it was fun, but the .22 rifle was the best.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes

Madison......................

who is sittting on my lap,says thank you all very much for responding........her favorite gift is the next one she gets........naw,that was me saying that........the purpose of this survey,was to have us all recall a happy childhood memory.........the spirit of Christmas lives in us all,sometimes we have to dig deep to find it,but it is always there.......so again thanks,and Madison wishes you all a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Well, tell Madison Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and good luck with Her project

Post Likes
    Originally posted by renaissanse man
    It would have to be the radioskack multi project electronics kit. I loved that thing! I got a transister radio kit from radioshack one year too. That was fun to build and listen to.
    I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through these. Mine was a Radio Shack 65-in-1 kit. The thing was in a wooden case. I got it around 1972 or 73.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by acmanko
    no contest, it had to be my first bb gun, I never got a present after that
    My big brother had a paper route so he had money to buy me a bb gun. He was around 12 so I had to be around 6. He did this without my mother's knowledge or permission.

Well when I opened it up on Christmas morning she went nuts. No way was I keeping a BB gun. She made him bring it back. We were both bumed out over that.

Post Likes
    bicycle....it opened up a whole new world.

Those days are long gone though. Too dangerous now.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by acmanko
    no contest, it had to be my first bb gun, I never got a present after that
    My big brother had a paper route so he had money to buy me a bb gun. He was around 12 so I had to be around 6. He did this without my mother's knowledge or permission.

Well when I opened it up on Christmas morning she went nuts. No way was I keeping a BB gun. She made him bring it back. We were both bumed out over that.
    I got to keep mine, and my imagination made everything a target, nothing was safe, and I made Santa's naughty list every year after.

Post Likes
    Red Schwinn single speed bike. The best present ever.

Post Likes
    when i was about 7 or so, i had gotten a jeep powerwheels. i loved driving around in the thing. i even flipped it once or twice. when i was about 12, we gave it to the neighbors kids one summer. now being a few years older now, i dont see it anymore but i remember that summer and the following summer, on a quiet evening i would hear Mr Jeep being driven around once in a while.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refrtech
    I am almost embaressed to say but it had to be the Michale Jackson pleather (fake leather) jacket with all of the zippers all over it . My mom bought me the black jacket , black parachute pants and even the one golve that he used to wear . I remember thinking how cool I am going to be when school starts back up .LOL

That explains a lot...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    My brother sent me two bottles of whiskey when I was in Viet Nam, some of my buddies and I got happy for Christmas and New Years.

As a kid I got roller skates (nice ones) at the time that was a really big deal...I sure was happy...and wore them out at the roller rink...also dated a real nice girl I met there...do they still sell roller skates...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by greenm&m
    I would have to say it was a baby doll that you could feed and it would wet its diaper.

If you want to relive your childhood, spend a weekend with Dice...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in