Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wow thank u guys VERY much for replying!! I'm very thankful! Guys I can honestly tell u I have absolutely no idea how to take the temp on these.. Crazy thing is that I can't even take the side panel off without tearing up the bin foam?? Yes the fan comes on at least 3x. Also I noticed the evap doesn't even feel warm during harvest. I'm still thinking its the HGV not opening.. I do know it worked fine for one week and slowly declined to 3.5 mins or longer and now hardly the ice doesn't even try to come of the evap??

B series are old, I would not put any effort in it. The evaporator is probably scrap. It cost more to replace it than the whole machine.

Yes I know it's very old.. Maybe next year sometimes if I can afford to purchase another machine. Thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by jonbailey19808 View Post
    Actually taking temperatures on each side of the valve will not tell you for sure if it is restricted. The evap is so cold it takes the heat very quickly and a Temperature difference will not give you good information i have found.
    So are you saying that a restriction in the valve would not create a pressure drop ?

If u run your hand over the plate does it feel even or as if some of the slots are farther out than others if your answer to this is yes do not waste any more time you plate is shot.

Actually the plate is in pretty darn nice..still about 80% nickel intact and very straight and even sir..

Run the back of your fingernail in a direction perpendicular to the slats, does the plate have a good, consistent ring to it or do some of the slats have a more dead "pinging" sound to them

Hmm ok I will try this

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater4life View Post
    Actually the plate is in pretty darn nice..still about 80% nickel intact and very straight and even sir..
    it needs to have 100% of the nickel plating intact to harvest properly every time. If you see any copper worn through it is time to throw it away.

Haha my wife asked me wat are you doin? I told her to keep her mouth shut if she knows wats good for her!! Anyways it sounds even on all the rows

What limit code are you getting ? 1,2,3 or 4

Def safety code 2. I think tomm I'm Gna take the Dremel to the side panel so I can get to the HGV and see if it gets hot during harvest. I hate to cut open the panel but its better than tearing up the whole darn foam

A dremel?...... dude.
    What are you going to do if you find a bad hot gas valve (compressor,evaporator plate) anyway? Download some new ones and update your firmware?!!
    This is not a simple fix for someone who can't get to the valve with out a dremel.
    I stopped carrying HP-81 like ten years ago. I highly doubt there is "80%" nickel left on this plate unless it was in storage for an extended period of time.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast