+ Reply to Thread

Thread: snoop??

Post Likes

snoop??

i hear alot of great things about the leak detection solution called snoop! just curious what makes it so different from the flourecent yellowish gas leak solution. 1 positive is i read it dries up and doesnt leak an oily residue behind. how do you apply it can i put it in a squirt bottle. also where do i purchase it from?? can i hear your input? what the average price for a gallon.

Post Likes
    Big Blue is better IMO. I have a second waterfilled spray bottle to wash the BB away once the leak is found and repaired.
    Snoop freezes on cold lines too if my memory serves me right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Big Blue is better IMO. I have a second waterfilled spray bottle to wash the BB away once the leak is found and repaired.
    Snoop freezes on cold lines too if my memory serves me right.
    There is a low temperature version of Snoop.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I stand corrected. Only ever saw the one type. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the cold temp version.
    Have you used it?

Post Likes
    snoop is great for nat gas because it is thin and will foam on low pressure leaks. when your talking ounces of pressure, not pounds, sometimes the thick stuff doesnt work as well.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    i started using Snoop in 1974. It comes in galllon jugs and refillable squeeze bottes ith a pullout applicator tube. Its low viscosity alows for easy application and pinponting small leaks. As with all soluion it has its problems. Freezes at I think 27*F Have not seen low temp. version. Temprature changes in a service truck can cause bottles to empty thru tube due too expansion and contraction but it is still my first choice.

Post Likes
    I stand corrected. Only ever saw the one type. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the cold temp version.
    Have you used it?
    Have not used it recently. I used to sell it which is why I know about it. Low temp version is good down to -65 F versus 27F of regular Snoop.

http://www.swagelok.com/products/lea...-detector.aspx

Post Likes
    Is the price of this stuff about the same as average stuff?
    I just started using big blue and like it. I used to use Master's soap with the applicator on the lid worked good for gas bit found was very thin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in