repealing the 22nd amendment

I came across this bill proposed to repeal the 22nd amendment. The 22nd amendment is the amendment that limits the term of president to two terms.

here's the link

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjres15
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

I hear the angry screams of people to long wronged the clang of pitch forks and shovels beside me and see the blinding flashes of torches. Soon the warped "rulers" will reap what they have sown.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I came across this bill proposed to repeal the 22nd amendment. The 22nd amendment is the amendment that limits the term of president to two terms.

here's the link

Great now some commie loving Democratic Representative in NY wants the US to have a commie dictator for life, Obama just like Chavez in Venezuela. Geez how crazy can a Dem Congressman from NY get. Wonders never cease. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Don't need congress to pass the bill. Just appoint a term limit tzar to dictate who stays in office and for how long..
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post

here's the link

This is not a bill it is a House joint resolution and will go know where in committe . But he does seem to be a lefty looney .

Pretty telling when you consider that it was the Democrats that passed the 22nd Amendment after FDR; because he had become so powerful and did so much behind closed doors without Congress. Makes one wonder if people such as this even understand the history. Scary proposition either way IMHO.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

From what I read on Wikipedia (take it with a grain of salt):

On January 4, 2013, Rep. Josι Serrano once again introduced H.J.Res. 15 proposing an Amendment to repeal the 22nd Amendment, as he has done every two years since 1997

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-...s_Constitution

I agree, scary if anyone was to succeed in the repeal.

Congressmen/women give themselves raises. Seems to me there should be an extra executive order laying around that El Presidente could exercise to accomplish perpetuity.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Pretty telling when you consider that it was the Democrats that passed the 22nd Amendment after FDR; because he had become so powerful and did so much behind closed doors without Congress. Makes one wonder if people such as this even understand the history. Scary proposition either way IMHO.
    These people couldn't SPELL history without help. They want what they want and F the rest of us. When the morons of this country figure that out, IF they ever do, maybe this country can be saved. Maybe.........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography