+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any comments on the movie Loopers?

Post Likes

Any comments on the movie Loopers?

The wife and I just watched Loopers, with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was a lot more involved and much better than either of us had anticipated. Joseph Gordon-Levitt seems to be in every other movie made these days.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Gonna see it based on your recommendation.:beer:

Post Likes
    My wife and I shut it off after 5 minutes of crap..........................
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    My wife and I shut it off after 5 minutes of crap..........................
    Interesting. What was it you didn't like? What were you expecting a Bruce Willis movie about time travel to be like? Have you seen 12 Monkeys? What did you think of it?

The first five minutes was barely into setting up the character of young Joe, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I just don't see what would have offended you so to stop watching after only five minutes.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I guess I should state that I am a fan of time travel movies. Some of the least accredited movies are really great time travel movies. Freejack, Millenium, 12 Monkeys, The Grand Tour etc. are all really great time travel movies that make us think about the possibilities of time travel, and usually why time travel will never and has never existed. About the closest I can fathom that we can ever come to time travel would be to come up with a way to view, but not interact with, the past.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I thought it was damn good. Loved how they did Levitt's nose and lip to make him look like a young Bruce Willis. Took me a bit to figure out what was different.
    The time stuff was great. The friend that didn't make it to the door in time was shocking. That kid was the scary one. That would make a great movie by it's self. The silver at the end was unexpected.
    Very enjoyable.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spliskin View Post
    I thought it was damn good. Loved how they did Levitt's nose and lip to make him look like a young Bruce Willis. Took me a bit to figure out what was different.
    The time stuff was great. The friend that didn't make it to the door in time was shocking. That kid was the scary one. That would make a great movie by it's self. The silver at the end was unexpected.
    Very enjoyable.
    Doh! Spoiler Alert!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spliskin View Post
    Very enjoyable.
    I didn't expect most of the ending, but thought it was really great for "fixing" a lot of really bad things that "would" happen by otherwise decent people had the ending not been the way it was.

As a time travel movie, it was one that you had to pay attention to and think about. That's really what I didn't expect, although I should not have been surprised since 12 Monkeys also makes you have to think.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Doh! Spoiler Alert!
    Not too much.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I guess I should state that I am a fan of time travel movies. Some of the least accredited movies are really great time travel movies. Freejack, Millenium, 12 Monkeys, The Grand Tour etc. are all really great time travel movies that make us think about the possibilities of time travel, and usually why time travel will never and has never existed. About the closest I can fathom that we can ever come to time travel would be to come up with a way to view, but not interact with, the past.
    are you a morelock or an eloy??????
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    are you a morelock or an eloy??????
    Neither. I am a RoBo. Morlocks are users and Eloi are used, I don't want to ever be considered to be either.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    My wife and I loved it. Saw it on the big screen. The ending was a big surprise.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    My wife and I loved it. Saw it on the big screen. The ending was a big surprise.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    After having seen it at home, we were sorry we too had not gone to a theater to see it on the big screen.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I am not trying to toot my own horn, but I hand a suspicion that it would end that way. I prefer happy endings myself, but it was a good movie.

big sy-fy and fantasy fan here.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    I and the wife also just finished watching. we definately enjoyed it. nothing like a good mind bender. not to mention how can one go wrong with a bruce willis movie.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well then RoBo you may want to see a movie based closely on just the scenario you just put up. Its called "Paycheck", Stars Ben Affleck and Umma Thurman. It was Ok, at least it kept my interest throughout the movie. Some of the science even seems plausible.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    Well then RoBo you may want to see a movie based closely on just the scenario you just put up. Its called "Paycheck", Stars Ben Affleck and Umma Thurman. It was Ok, at least it kept my interest throughout the movie. Some of the science even seems plausible.

...Ron
    Hmmm, I'm wondering how I missed that one. I'll have to check it out. Ben Afleck is ok and I like both Uma Thurman and Aaron Eckhart.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    My fav timetravel movie deja vu with denzel washington

Post Likes
    Have been thinking about it... it is currently playing at the $2.00 cinema (where I see many movies).

Probably will go see it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    My fav timetravel movie deja vu with denzel washington
    And another one with an actor I really like that I missed...
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in