Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923

    Any comments on the movie Loopers?

    The wife and I just watched Loopers, with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was a lot more involved and much better than either of us had anticipated. Joseph Gordon-Levitt seems to be in every other movie made these days.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Gonna see it based on your recommendation.:beer:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dry as a bone Tucson
    Posts
    4,193
    My wife and I shut it off after 5 minutes of crap..........................
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    My wife and I shut it off after 5 minutes of crap..........................
    Interesting. What was it you didn't like? What were you expecting a Bruce Willis movie about time travel to be like? Have you seen 12 Monkeys? What did you think of it?

    The first five minutes was barely into setting up the character of young Joe, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I just don't see what would have offended you so to stop watching after only five minutes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    I guess I should state that I am a fan of time travel movies. Some of the least accredited movies are really great time travel movies. Freejack, Millenium, 12 Monkeys, The Grand Tour etc. are all really great time travel movies that make us think about the possibilities of time travel, and usually why time travel will never and has never existed. About the closest I can fathom that we can ever come to time travel would be to come up with a way to view, but not interact with, the past.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20
    I thought it was damn good. Loved how they did Levitt's nose and lip to make him look like a young Bruce Willis. Took me a bit to figure out what was different.
    The time stuff was great. The friend that didn't make it to the door in time was shocking. That kid was the scary one. That would make a great movie by it's self. The silver at the end was unexpected.
    Very enjoyable.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by spliskin View Post
    I thought it was damn good. Loved how they did Levitt's nose and lip to make him look like a young Bruce Willis. Took me a bit to figure out what was different.
    The time stuff was great. The friend that didn't make it to the door in time was shocking. That kid was the scary one. That would make a great movie by it's self. The silver at the end was unexpected.
    Very enjoyable.
    Doh! Spoiler Alert!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by spliskin View Post
    I thought it was damn good. Loved how they did Levitt's nose and lip to make him look like a young Bruce Willis. Took me a bit to figure out what was different.
    The time stuff was great. The friend that didn't make it to the door in time was shocking. That kid was the scary one. That would make a great movie by it's self. The silver at the end was unexpected.
    Very enjoyable.
    I didn't expect most of the ending, but thought it was really great for "fixing" a lot of really bad things that "would" happen by otherwise decent people had the ending not been the way it was.

    As a time travel movie, it was one that you had to pay attention to and think about. That's really what I didn't expect, although I should not have been surprised since 12 Monkeys also makes you have to think.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Doh! Spoiler Alert!
    Not too much.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Skokie , IL near chicago
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I guess I should state that I am a fan of time travel movies. Some of the least accredited movies are really great time travel movies. Freejack, Millenium, 12 Monkeys, The Grand Tour etc. are all really great time travel movies that make us think about the possibilities of time travel, and usually why time travel will never and has never existed. About the closest I can fathom that we can ever come to time travel would be to come up with a way to view, but not interact with, the past.
    are you a morelock or an eloy??????
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    are you a morelock or an eloy??????
    Neither. I am a RoBo. Morlocks are users and Eloi are used, I don't want to ever be considered to be either.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    3,078
    My wife and I loved it. Saw it on the big screen. The ending was a big surprise.


    Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

    The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

    Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    My wife and I loved it. Saw it on the big screen. The ending was a big surprise.


    Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    After having seen it at home, we were sorry we too had not gone to a theater to see it on the big screen.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event