Hey guys long time ! building walk in in my new house any recommendations

I have a cold room under my new front porch. its awful cold up here but in the summers the cold room is not so cold. I was pondering installing an evap and condensing unit in this space as it is fully insulated i thought would be pretty sweet to have in house. As well I have a permanent draft tap planned on the exterior wall which should be a hit. I also considered water cooled to preheat my domestic hot water. Floor drain is key too. Im sure at some point in my life a deer will hang in there as well. Any input would be appreciated and I will post pics as it happens. Cheers have a good one.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

You would be using it as a walk in refrigerator? With that being said do it right with a load calc or if you feel experienced enough size er up!!! Are all walls in the room below grade? Are you putting insulation between ceiling and porch? Will the box be used all year round or intermittently? What is the main product you will be storing there?

Insulated except underside of concrete slab as front porch, I will have an in and out air vent. box is to be used year round coil will be on temp control to kick in when natural cooling does not suffice. We likely store mainly sealed products though I will be hanging sausage to dry in space. I can see one problem being that the porch entrance may sweat during hot humid summer days. I will do heat loss/gain to size properly. Thanks for any other input ideas of things you guys have done. Cheers
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Quote Originally Posted by deejer28 View Post
    Insulated except underside of concrete slab as front porch, I will have an in and out air vent. box is to be used year round coil will be on temp control to kick in when natural cooling does not suffice. We likely store mainly sealed products though I will be hanging sausage to dry in space. I can see one problem being that the porch entrance may sweat during hot humid summer days. I will do heat loss/gain to size properly. Thanks for any other input ideas of things you guys have done. Cheers
    So by an in and out fan you mean an outdoor thermostat on a fan? I'm not quite sure what you mean when you would have sweat on the porch enterance please elaborate. Also keep in mind placement of condensing unit obviously keep it out of the sun and be mindful of flooding etc. it sounds like a simple calc I assume your only entry is the door, no windows or anything else being that it is below grade. Make sure door is insulted as well with a gasket and it seals nicely.. Sounds like you can make this a cool project post some pics of before and after if possible. Good luck