Results 1 to 2 of 2
01-06-2013, 12:54 AM #1Professional Member*
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- North GA
Cr*pload of gun bills introduced...
Email from a friend who is plugged into gun clubs:
Note party affiliation of all those that introduced bills. Only the ones
seeking to repeal gun-free zones act deviate.
There were a total of 10 bills introduced today. Here they are in a litle more detail:
1. Banning high-capacity ammunition. HR 138. This bill from Reps. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) and Diana DeGette (D-CO) would ban anyone in the US from owning, buying, or trading high-capacity magazines.
2. Closing the so called ‘gun show loophole.’ HR 141. Another measure from McCarthy requires that all gun purchasers undergo a full background check.
3. Fix Gun Checks Act, Database of who cannot buy guns. HR 137. . This measure also from McCarthy , and has been introduced in previous legislative sessions. It would create incentives and penalties to encourage the efficient entry of names into NICS.
4. Regulating where and how ammunition is purchased. HR 142. McCarthy’s fourth and final bill would make it mandatory for all ammunition dealers to have a license to sell. It would also require anyone purchasing ammunition to do so in person, face-to-face with a seller. All bulk purchases of ammunition would need to be reported under McCarthy’s law.
5. Requiring handguns to be registered. HR 117. Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) crafted this national law based on his state’s requirements for handgun purchasing. It would require every single handgun sold in the United States to be licensed and registered, without any exceptions or loopholes, and for that registry to be easily accessible.
6. Regulating how gun licenses are issued. HR 34. Like Holt, Rep. Bobby Rush’s (D-IL) bill aims to create a unified system of gun licensing procedures — for both handguns and semi-automatic weapons. Rush’s legislation, a reintroduction of “Blair’s Bill,” would also require gun safety training for firearm owners.
7. Raising the age of legal handgun ownership to 21. HR 65. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) proposed this bill that would make it illegal to own a handgun before the age of 21.
8. Requiring the reporting of stolen guns. HR 21. This bill, which Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) has introduced to Congress previously and is reintroducing to the new Congress, would also require all gun-owners to undergo background checks. Additionally, it would make sure that gun owners are required to report stolen guns.
9. & 10. Eliminating ‘gun free zones’ in schools. HR 35 and HR 133. Following the lead of the National Rifle Association, Reps. Steve Stockman (R-TX) and Thomas Massie (R-KY). They want to eliminate gun free school zones.GA-HVAC-Tech
Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8
2 Chronicles 7:14
Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.
01-06-2013, 09:42 AM #2
IL is trying to ram new ones down are throat as well.Local 597 Service Fitter
Metal Trade Journeyman
PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER
It was working when I left...