Need help understanding scam

I listed my Kayak on Craigslist and I have a half dozen queries all apparently from the same person or group. I will post several of the E-mails I have received does anyone understand what they are trying to accomplish.

Hi there, Thank you for getting back to me.Can you assure me that it
    is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it. I'm
    ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, i wanted to buy this
    for my Dad and he is a mechanic, but the issue is I'm a marine
    biologist and i do have a contract to go for which starts tomorrow and
    am leaving any moment from now.The contract is strictly no call due to
    the lack of reception on the sea area. But I'm able to access email
    any time as we will make use of laptop so my only quickest payment
    option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal any time.Since I'm
    requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be
    responsible for all the pay pal fee/charges on this transaction and if
    you don't have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and
    secured to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com I hope we can make
    the purchase as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it
    once payment clears and they will be handling the title for me. So i
    look forward to hear from you.
    Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
    Full name:
    Firm Price:
    Cheer

Thank you for getting back to me.Can you assure me that it's in good state and i will not be disappointed with it.I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, i wanted to buy this for my Son and i want it to be a surprise gift for him, but the issue is i am an oceanographer and i do have a contract to go for which starts tomorrow and am on my way right now.The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of laptop and also i can text you any time so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime.Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to www.PayPal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will be handling all the necessary thing for me. So i we be looking forward to hear back from you soon...
    Holmes

Thanks for the prompt response,can you assure me that is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it? I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, i want to buy this for my Dad as gift. Am a marine biologist that works on the sea at the moment,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime.Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log onto www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I have an pick up agent that will come for it after i make the payment.i will like to see more pics if you have,i look forward to hear back from you
    soon. details that i needed are below,

1 Full name:
    2 Your address:
    3 Your cell number:
    4 Your Registered PayPal Name and Registered PayPal Email Address:

For me to proceed with the payment,
    Thank you.

Good to hear back from you. I'm okay with the price and the condition.
    Presently, I am always busy at work and do not have much time around
    me to make or answer calls. Moreover, I would have loved to call but
    our satellite server has been down in recent days which restricts our
    calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the only Medium at
    which i can send Payment at the Moment.
    I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available)
    too since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't
    have a PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at
    www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. It's
    safe and secure for both Parties and i have been using PayPal to buy
    and sell for years now without problems. Please get back to me with
    your PayPal email so i can proceed with the payment and contact the
    Pick up Agent who will come for the Pick up of the item.
    I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

1:Your PayPal e-Mail Address
    2: Home Address

As soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email, I'll proceed
    with full Payment. I look forward to reading from you soon.

I miss you mom and dad.

If I was selling something on crags list or anywhere else for that matter.... Id put...

"CASH ONLY PICK UP IN PERSON" in the ad...... Id check that cash carefully too....
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

I've never bough a sold a thing through Craigslist but I know several who have and some of those got burned. I'm glad you had the common sense not to fall for it.

BTW - what kind of kayak do you have? I know few cats down in the Clear Lake area in a kayak club that are always horse trading kayaks. I might even swap you some old broke down, wore out HVAC tools and old dog and my collection of Playboys.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Never have them reply with email. Pop3 and smtp and some kiddie scripts and they can easily and repeatedly pump emails to an address. Which is easily picked up with the @ logo with simple command line tools, especially in linux/Unix. Wget to rip/mirror a website and Grep to rip out patterns...

Always make them call you, and spell out the # randomly so script bots and crawlers can't pick it up...

Sixx 5 for, two to too, 7 seven nine 9

Trust me, it'll cut down the bogus ****.

Thanks I knew it was a scam just could not figure out how they made money.

Cooked I have a 14" Hobie Pro Angler loaded out Dolly, livewell, GPS/Depthfinder the worksnot yet 2 years old.

I've sold stuff on CL. Latest was texts wanting to pay me $50 more so I could ship it Nigeria.

Yeah right! Cya!