+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Market Value of a condenser unit

Post Likes

Market Value of a condenser unit

Years ago I acquired a new condenser unit. The crate was damaged, and the company didn't want the risk of selling it and having problems. So, I ended up with it. So 10 years later, It's still bolted to a skid, no damage to skirting/paneling or the coils, it's r22, and charged, and ready to braze up, suck vacuum, and open the valves. Question I have, is what would the value be In this day and age, considering the price of r22 and it's availability..

It's a trane, model 2ttb0048a1000aa

My buddy had his furance replaced, and had a 4 ton evaporator installed up top, and has lines ran out to a pad and capped, but never got the other half of the program, and he's interested.

I don't want to cut my throat, but don't want to just give it away, I know it's worth something, but how much, reason I'm asking here, sorta feel out the market value...... Appreciate the info.

Post Likes
    As you know, R-22 is being phased out. So depending on how much longer you hold onto it, the refrigerant inside may be worth more than the unit! It's a Trane XB,4 ton, 10 SEER unit for all those out there not familiar with Trane model numbers. I'd be more than happy to make you an offer if I needed a new AC for my house, but I don't, and unfortunately efficiency requirements (at least in my state) require the minimum SEER of a newly installed unit to be 13 or greater.

Post Likes
    Aw man, I was hoping you'd shoot some $ values towards me.... Or a pm

Post Likes
    it is not worth a whole lot...... sorry
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    A 3 ton evaporator won't work that great with a 4 ton outdoor unit.

Post Likes
    You could probably get $300 for it from someone who needed it for a side job.

Post Likes
    ya I could see that......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Hmmmmmmmm.

Post Likes
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/for/3503853579.html

Used for who knows how long, or conditions (clogged coil, low charge, etc) empty, and wants $500?

Probably a poor source to judge from, but that's one peice of data for average

What you guys think?

Post Likes
    I wouldn't pay $500 for it. I can buy a new 13 or 14 seer 4 ton "dry" unit for not a whole lot more than that. Figure the charge is probably somewhere around 5 lbs and R22 at $8.50/lb so it's got maybe 40 or 50 bucks worth of refrigerant in it. I might pay $300 for it to use in one of my rent houses.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    $8.50 a pound? We're buying 30# tanks from serval, listed at $740 a tank

Not my money, but still the point.

Post Likes
    I would think $500 would be a fair price. Don't think you could give a parts or compressor warranty though.

Post Likes
    Interesting, thanks for the options

Post Likes
    Toss it on C.L. and I bet you get a 200-300 for it; I had one in the same condition and a guy drove from N.J. to M.D. to pick it up.

Post Likes
    toss it in trash.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in