+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Payne no blower during heat.

Post Likes

Payne no blower during heat.

I looked at a friends payne pg9mtav36075abss furnace the other night. The blower will not come during the heating cycle unless you turn the fan to on. I dont have much experience with the new furnaces with the ecm motors as I do primarily comercial and industrial work. I am suspecting the blower control board. Has anyone else had this issue with the new Payne furnaces?

Thanks

Post Likes
    I don't think that has a ECM blower. So the board won't turn the blower on in heat mode but when you turn stat to on it runs? We aren't supposed to give DIY advise here more so people can't google the answers. Can you go pro?

Edit I see you have the 15 posts required, in the closed forums you will get better answers

Post Likes
    sure its an ecm motor ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tech-c2 View Post
    I looked at a friends payne pg9mtav36075abss furnace the other night.
    T = 2 Stage

V = Variable Speed ECM Blower

The control board does control the blower "ON" and "OFF" in Heat and Cool modes.

There are many dip switches on the control board for setting blower speeds. I would find the install manual and make sure it is set up properly, then do some VOM testing, before I'd condemn the board.

As, Joehvac25 said, we can't go into too much detail in this "OPEN" forum. Apply for Pro membership, you won't be disappointed.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    T = 2 Stage

V = Variable Speed ECM Blower

The control board does control the blower "ON" and "OFF" in Heat and Cool modes.

There are many dip switches on the control board for setting blower speeds. I would find the install manual and make sure it is set up properly, then do some VOM testing, before I'd condemn the board.

As, Joehvac25 said, we can't go into too much detail in this "OPEN" forum. Apply for Pro membership, you won't be disappointed.
    Ok I was thinking the older Payne single stage secondary killers lol

Post Likes
    Thanks Guys I have been meaning to go pro I better get on it.

Post Likes
    It may be in the thermostat settings. Get a pro membership and we will discuss further on the "other side."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in