Confused Does my furnace use too much gas?

The york 80kbtu/hour natural gas furnace use 0.1 cubic meter per 20 seconds which read from gas meter. It should use 0.1 cubic meter per 152 seconds calculated from the installation manual. I tried to decrease the gas pressure but doesn't help. Read the 0.1 cubic meter from outside gas meter which has dial marked 0.01 cubic meter and ten units. It should be 0.1 when the needle runs one circle. Is it normal in Canada? or the outside gas meter is not accurate? Neighbor's meter needle runs at same speed.

*sigh*
    Why did you play with your gas pressure before you started asking questions? That's not good... Especially since you don't know what you're doing.

Gas meters in Canada are temperature compensated to 60*F.
    This affects how fast the dial spins when it's freezing cold.

Are you sure no other appliances were running when you took your readings?

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    *sigh*
    Why did you play with your gas pressure before you started asking questions? That's not good... Especially since you don't know what you're doing.

Gas meters in Canada are temperature compensated to 60*F.
    This affects how fast the dial spins when it's freezing cold.

Are you sure no other appliances were running when you took your readings?
    It's not good but I just decrease the pressure. The temp rise on furnace is only 27 degree c but it overheating shut down when running longer someday. The fan speed is already high. Everything is clean. Only thing I think that is gas. So I checked the gas heating vale and found the meter run so fast. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Call a pro out to do a combustion analysis and properly tune the furnace. 27*F temp rise seems a bit low to me for a gas furnace.

He said 27*C not *F
    That's about 50*f

Call someone out, there is something wrong with your furnace, you messing around with it will only cost you more money

Using a gas meter to diagnose whats wrong with your furnace is insane.

You'll be lucky if you don't kill yourself, and I stress this to you more than other DIY tools, because your directly modifing the combustion.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

This is the reason there is no DIY on this site.
    You are tinkering with a regulating device for an explosive substance. Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD do it.
    Please keep your hands off of it and call in a pro.

.1 CM in 152 seconds would be 83,000 BTUs. You said its doing .1 CM in 20 seconds. Thats 7.6 times more then the furnace is rated for. Or 630,800 BTUs an hour. If it was, it would be able to light the gas, there wouldn't be enough O2. Your meter is probably out of calibration.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    .1 CM in 152 seconds would be 83,000 BTUs. You said its doing .1 CM in 20 seconds. Thats 7.6 times more then the furnace is rated for. Or 630,800 BTUs an hour. If it was, it would be able to light the gas, there wouldn't be enough O2. Your meter is probably out of calibration.
    I checked neighbor's meters. They all run at the similar fast speed. Meter is outside of house, that belongs to enbridge. Are they all wrong? Whom should I ask to check, the gas supplier or furnace tech? Thanks.

Get your furnace serviced by a good company, then you'll know it's working right. You should do this every year.
    Ask them, when you book the call if they do combustion analysis.
    Then when you call enbridge to check the meter, they can't tell you that it's you appliances causing the problem.

The gas company. Its there meter.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?