Reciprocating saws

Has anyone tried the 12v pocket reciprocating saws such as the Bosch? I currently have the Bosch 12v impact and driver. I have been thinking about buying a 18v recip saw but thought the 12v might be nice since I already have batteries and chargers.

I have the mini 12 v bosch and its a great size and good speed, goes along with impact and driver on my personal truck. Have the mini dewalt 12v max in svc van, a little larger than bosch and tilts, prefer bosch, also have the matching driver, impact and compact light w/magnet, as for mini drills prefer the dewalts because their not as thick as bosch and they come with a belt clip, impact is my fav. As for the recips the bosch is my fav due to its size & speed, do not really use my 20 volt dewalt kit. I got the bare tool bosch recip from Amazon for about $69 no tax, free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by nick muniz View Post
    I have the mini 12 v bosch and its a great size and good speed, goes along with impact and driver on my personal truck. Have the mini dewalt 12v max in svc van, a little larger than bosch and tilts, prefer bosch, also have the matching driver, impact and compact light w/magnet, as for mini drills prefer the dewalts because their not as thick as bosch and they come with a belt clip, impact is my fav. As for the recips the bosch is my fav due to its size & speed, do not really use my 20 volt dewalt kit. I got the bare tool bosch recip from Amazon for about $69 no tax, free shipping.
    Sweet that's what I wanted to hear. Can you cut 3inch PVC ok with it? I figure cutting flue pipes to remove birds and maybe the occasional blower motor shaft will be about the extent of what I use if for. Do you think it will do the job?

There is something to be said about matching batteries. Less chargers = more productivity and less time digging chargers out of the truck. That being said, I have quite a few Milwaukee 12v tools including the sawzall and they all do everything I need them to do. Btw, 3" PVC is nothing, even with a metal blade.

I've got a Milwaukee and it comes in handy. On fresh batteries it will cut thru a 1" shaft on a full charge with a new blade.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

PVC no prob on size. You can use any size blade like a reg size recip, they usually come with a little baby blade but it can handle larger ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2141 View Post
    Sweet that's what I wanted to hear. Can you cut 3inch PVC ok with it? I figure cutting flue pipes to remove birds and maybe the occasional blower motor shaft will be about the extent of what I use if for. Do you think it will do the job?

I have the Milwaukee. Used the crap out of it on a big job. Mostly cutting PVC. Try not to cut anything with water in it. Mine does not work anymore. Needs a new motor and bearing. I am on the fence about getting a new one. I got the 12 volt kit (saw and drill) at a good price when they first came out. The saw by itself cost the same now.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

I use the milwaukee 19.2 volt saw. I had a 12v previously but i found it didn't have enough muscle. But it was a Craftsman, and i havent had the best of luck with their power tools