Amp meter - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amp meter

The brand of Ammeter is not the benchmark that determines the purchase decision. Resolution, accuracy based on full scale range, and durability should all considered when deciding on an amp meter. Brand aone does no dictate a reliable meter.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    The brand of Ammeter is not the benchmark that determines the purchase decision. Resolution, accuracy based on full scale range, and durability should all considered when deciding on an amp meter. Brand aone does no dictate a reliable meter.
    Brand is just a jump of point to start in determining a amp proble. From their i consider accuracy and avaialble functions and warranty (how the company stands behind their units.

I can say extech left a very very poor taste in my mouth with a voltage detector i got of theirs. It was so imbarassing to the point it went directly in the recycling bin. I wouldn't even give it to the salvation army.

What may i ask do you look for and what models and brands do you recommend and trust fully.

I don't understand why they don't make a Basically a dedicated amp probes like they once did such as the Fluke 30.

the fieldpiece sc57 has a function where it will sense amp draw in milliseconds so it doesn't
    start faster than the meter can read. good for true start up amp draw.
    Tell Obama he can keep the change

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with

Amprobe ACDC-54NAV ?

I'm trying to find a clamp metere that does microamps. Does Fluke make one that i just haven't seen?? Is Amprobe better than fieldpiece?
    I have the 51 NAV and am happy with it. It might suit your needs better since it does microamps while the 54 doesn't.

http://www.amprobe.com/Amprobe/usen/....htm?PID=73092
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I have the 51 NAV and am happy with it. It might suit your needs better since it does microamps while the 54 doesn't.

http://www.amprobe.com/Amprobe/usen/....htm?PID=73092
    I just ordered this meter. We'll see how it is. I've never owned a amprobe product yet.

Just to clarify the SC56 has the Inrush capability you are speaking of. The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function. Here's video that shows the Inrush feature in action.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Just to clarify the SC56 has the Inrush capability you are speaking of. The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function. Here's video that shows the Inrush feature in action.

What do you mean? "The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function." My Fluke also captures inrush current at 100 ms as does the NAV 51 I believe. I think my Fluke 33 does it at 4000 ms.

The swivel head and dual readouts are nice features though.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I use a fluke 27 love the meter . and i still have the smaller amp probe that is no longer sold .the newer ones are all big
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    What do you mean? "The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function." My Fluke also captures inrush current at 100 ms as does the NAV 51 I believe. I think my Fluke 33 does it at 4000 ms.

The swivel head and dual readouts are nice features though.
    What he meant to say was that the SC56 is the only meter that Fieldpiece offers with the inrush function.

I own a great assortment of FP instruments, great stuff... but I gotta go with Amprobe Nav 51 also. It's almost a sacred family tradition to choose the Amprobe brand...family business has used them as far back as the the mid 1970s. Uncle still has his first analog Amprobe.

Amprobe is owned by the same company that owns Fluke.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

I've still got my Amprobe that i bought back in 1965. Analog, and volts amps and ohms if you use the funky little battery holder and jumper setup. Also have one of the little yellow amp-volt meters. They sold for $40 back in the 70s. I carry 2 Uei analogs in my truck, a fieldpiece SC56, and a UEI digital thats in my Veto MB. Partial to UEI, as I used to do their in house HVAC when I was in Oregon. Probably had the best warranty available when I was doing their work. Don't know about now,,,,,,,Bought FP because of responses to member issues on this forum
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

I'm in the market for a new meter and the SC56 just might be the winner. Anyone know of a good online store with good pricing? I was debating on the fluke 902. Which is better?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast