Hybrid View

Tracer Summit "cooling setpoint failure"

Hello fellas,
    I haven't resourced here in awhile but I want to run this by you. I take care of a church with Tracer. The system has a UPCM and 2 BUC's and many Tuc's on several floors. One fan coil unit with TUC has been experiencing this "cooling setpoint failed" diagnostic that reset and then presents over and over. This diagnostic has been happening for several months. It happens in both Occ and Unocc. With my limited experience with Tracer I have checked the source parameters and all are set to Tracer. The customer has Rover and we plan to get into the TUC to check settings. I checked wire terminations at wall sensor and control board and all looks ok. What else can I check. There's like 20 other FCU's on the system and all other are good with same settings. What situations cause this diagnostic. The system is up to date with software revisions that were installed a year ago.

I had that problem once before. I had to replace the tuc board. The input on the board was bad.

I'm not sure if this is the exact same issue or not, but I had a cooling setpoint failure message this week from a Reliatel with LCI-R. My setpoints are all written over the network, so there are no physical inputs to go bad. I re-wrote the setpoints, but the error still wouldn't clear. I finally did a reset from the AX front end on the LCI interface, and it has been fine ever since...

Thanks for reply’s fellas,
    @maxpower, I’ll get back there next week. I think I’ll swap out with another known good board and see what happens. When I pulled and re landed the wires to the wall sensor I got a sensor failure fault at the work station but no cooling fault. Until a few moments went by then it popped up. Funny thing about this is FCU is two pipe and whole system is in heating mode. You’d think that it wouldn’t be looking at cooling operations. A search on internet showed a document that described the cooling setpoint failure as something not reporting from the wall sensor to the TUC board. All settings are to Tracer as far as I can tell so maybe the board is freaking out and forgetting where it’s suppose to be looking.
    @USC Anteater, This problem has been going on for over 8 months. It doesn’t seem to stop the unit from operating. It just keeps reporting this fault to the workstation and resetting. It’s been ignored but now it’s time to get it fixed for the customer. When storm Sandy rolled over the east coast here the building lost a main phase. A lot went wacky and had to be reset. The tracer system was power reset and software reset but the problem’s still there. I’ll exchange and re address a good board and see what happens. I’ll post back what I find later next week when I get back there…..thanks…