Carrier HC23CE116 ECM Draft Inducer Wiring

Does anyone know the wiring configuration for the molex plug on this motor? I would like to run it on the bench for educational purposes. Also, any Ideas on how to supply the motor with command voltage without using the furnace circuit board? Thank you very much in advance.

how many wires and what colors are they?
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Unsure. The motor has an 8 pin molex connector on it. Unsure if they were/are all used. I have only the motor on me at this time. Would like to figure out a way to be able to run it on the bench and control the command voltage to be able to adjust the motor RPM manually if possible. Will be used in a classroom setting.

I'm sorry it's a 12 pin connector, not an 8 pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdhawk6 View Post
    The motor has an 8 pin molex connector on it..
    I have never seen an IDM with an 12 pin molex plug, what did this motor come off of?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Carrier 58MVB080 2-stage. It has an ECM blower and inducer with a 2 stage gas valve.

this is just the motor portion of the inducer, you can see the plug.

Does anyone know the wiring configuration for the molex plug on this motor?
    According to the wiring diagram of units that use this motor, only six of the twelve pins are used :

Pin 4 - Ground

Pin 6 - 115v Hot

Pin 12 - Neutral

Pins 1,2,10 - Control
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    According to the wiring diagram of units that use this motor, only six of the twelve pins are used :

Pin 4 - Ground

Pin 6 - 115v Hot

Pin 12 - Neutral

Pins 1,2,10 - Control
    Great info. Anyone have any idea how the 'control' pins work. I need to manipulate them to run the motor on a bench without a circuit board and hope to be able to variate the speed of the motor.

Carrier probably has that info locked up as proprietary.

Great info. Anyone have any idea how the 'control' pins work. I need to manipulate them to run the motor on a bench without a circuit board and hope to be able to variate the speed of the motor.
    About all I can tell you is that it is low voltage.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

o.k., you only have 6 post-they are all right here and you are wanting some details that are NOT going to delved into in an open forum.

might want to get that post count up or maybe start a thread in the introduction forum indicating any experience you have pertaining to the question you are asking.

oh, if you are in this industry, you may want to contact your carrier rep, they probably have the info you want, too.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

If you have a way to test in a working furnace measure the voltages on the control pins. That will get you in the right direction. Some motors use a varying DC voltage 0-5v to control the speed. As others have said good luck getting the exact info from Carrier, it's most likely proprietary.