Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Sure, Knipex makes nice stuff, but they're made in Germany. All Channel Lock and Klein tools and most Craftsman Professional stuff is made in the USA. They're all high quality and will get the job done.
    Every single Klein screwdriver or nut-driver that I have owned has twisted or broken within two months of owning, then again I work in a factory producing commercial equipment so I can spend weeks at a time turning screws. Channel Lock makes nice stuff but they have not kept up with there designs for well.... channel lock type pliers. I'm currently using Irwin groovelocks. 6" to 10" Thinking about a set of 12". The craftsman professional line is going away. This is what I was told so it could be wrong info. Their standard line USA made has been re branded industrial with a larger price tag.

I'm all for supporting jobs in the USA but I will not buy inferior products just because they are labelled "made in the USA". Capitalism is about competition. Buying stuff simply because it's made in the USA does not benefit this country because it allows companies to rest on it and not really compete.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg30 View Post
    The button adjustment is a weak point on the pliers. Only problem I've ever had with Knipex, had two of the the buttons break.
    I haven't had one break, but the button and the spring are replaceable.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I love the knipex pliers and i also began to like the bahco brand pliers. I have one of each in all of my tool bags. lol

http://www.amazon.com/BAHCO-8231-Big...s=bahco+pliers

Bahco also makes the best adjustable wrenches with the largest opening jaw for the size of the wrench. You can't find anything better. Snap-on bough bahco up if that tells you anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12