Thread: 2 units 1 stat

Post Likes

2 units 1 stat

I could use some advise. How can you control 2 units with 1 stat?

I have 2 situations, one is a classroom building that only has single phase power.
    Classroom:PE designs system with 1 supply duct with 2 Trane wcz048 heat pumps. Each has a 2 stage compressor.
    Name:  Class_Labs.png
Views: 188
Size:  65.5 KB
    How would you control these units? This equipment will be tied into the schools EMCS.

The second situation is a residence with 2 units serving a great-room with walls of glass.
    Name:  GreatRoom.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  82.2 KB
    It would be simple enough to twin the furnaces but I would like to stage the single stage condensers with a single control instead of adjusting set points.
    Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Facebook

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Wow, for a minute I thought this might be a twisted version of a shock video or something.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Facebook

Post Likes
    You could also install a 2H/ 2C stat and a seperate control transformer and wire one 1st stage and the other 2nd stage. I have a system like this and I run continus blower on both to keep temps even.

Post Likes
    After reviewing the Jackson kit TK-400. It appears that it would be the way to go for the resi install with 2 units with 2 seperate supply ducts and standard blower motors. With the classrooms however these units are variable speed blower motors and the install guide says not to use the TK-400 with vs motors. I wonder why?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Facebook

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    You could also install a 2H/ 2C stat and a seperate control transformer and wire one 1st stage and the other 2nd stage. I have a system like this and I run continus blower on both to keep temps even.
    I would possibly do this on my own stuff. Both of these jobs are going to receive a high level of scrutiny therefore I am going to do whats referred to as "current industry standard"............. or better.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Facebook

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    After reviewing the Jackson kit TK-400. It appears that it would be the way to go for the resi install with 2 units with 2 seperate supply ducts and standard blower motors. With the classrooms however these units are variable speed blower motors and the install guide says not to use the TK-400 with vs motors. I wonder why?

Variable speed motors and twinning:http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post12832611

something is wrong with me, i am answering my own post's.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Facebook