Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Infinity Fan Coil Breaker Tripping

The breaker for my Fan Coil keeps tripping, it has happened at least six times since the system was installed in May 2012.

Because it's the breaker is for the Fan Coil no faults are being recorded, but as best as I can tell it happening when the blower is running on high.

My system has three breakers 60 amp for Backup Heat a 40 Amp for the Condenser and a 30 amp for the Fan Coil.

The system passes the electric heat test and the heat pump test and the without tripping the breaker.

Carrier 25HNB648 Condenser
    Carrier FE4ANB005 Fan Coil

Call a professional. Don't reset the tripped breaker again without having it looked at. It is tripping for a reason...a potentially dangerous/hazardous reason.

There could be several things going on with your system. Call a contractor and let them have a look. If you need help finding a local company, check our contractor locator map.

But whatever you do, do not keep resetting the breaker. You could injure yourself, your family, or your equipment.

Should still be under first year labor warranty, so call the contractor to come out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i would ave them come out and check it if no problems are found they need to replace the breaker
    We really need change now

Today I replaced the 30 Amp 2 pole breaker only to find that the installer used 10-2 romex instead of 10 3, there's no neutral wring going to the unit. However there is a neutral wire going to the unit on the 60 Amp circuit.

The reason I decided to replace the breaker is because originally the circuit was used for the old condenser that has seized the technician tripped it numerous times while troubleshooting the old system.

The installer will be out on Monday.

you need a ground not a neutral should be 10/2 with ground wire
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    you need a ground not a neutral should be 10/2 with ground wire
    It's a 2 pole 30 amp circuit breaker it should be 10 3 with a ground they hooked the white wire to one of the poles on the breaker then wrapped it in black tape.
    My system has 3 240 VAC 2 pole breakers, a 30 amp to the fan coil, a 60 amp for electric heat, and a 40 amp to the condenser.

All you need is a 10/2 with ground (white=120v, black=120v, bare copper=ground)

a 2 pole 30 amp breaker requires..... 10/2
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Your 240 Volt system does not require a neutral. White wires are not always a neutral wire.

Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    Your 240 Volt system does not require a neutral. White wires are not always a neutral wire.
    well said.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    well said.....
    I didn't know that was still allowed, the cable run is 20' long how much did they save by doing that?
    The breaker hasn't tripped since I replace it.
    Dealer still coming out on Monday.

Electricity is not a guessiing game. People that don't understand it should leave it alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast