Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In a reluctant defense of Obama, I understand he must tax the poor. If he refuses to cut spending, he is going to have to nail the poor and middle-class with taxes whether he wants to or not. That is the only place to steal money for the wild spending binge he is on, without breaking the knee-caps on the job creators who tend to be 'the rich'.

We are all screwed.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

you guys might as well join us canadian with that much taxes and be a happier nation... lol
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Have you noticed that the country was in severe recession 4 years ago? The financial system was frozen and the buck was broken.

I know that, and I know typically a recession lasts about 18 months. You are making my point for me. You can even blame the initial recession on Bush, I'll let you go UN-challenged because 4 years later it really doesn't matter anymore. Obama and his liberal crowd of hopers and changers own this economy. And the economy sucks.

What SPECIFIC programs should be on the chopping block? If we take money away from the people who spend it what does that do to the economy?

Well, I am a little taken aback by that question.... Again I hardly know where to begin. I'll give it a shot. Idiotic research grants, such as 'why does pizza burn your mouth' type foolishness. Obamaphones. Rural access phone line tax/development fee and spending if any of that money is actually allocated as suggested. Department of Education, states can handle it. I would really like to see some surgically heinous cuts to HUD and Department of Agriculture, not saying they should be entirely eliminated. And the abortion federal program, can't think of the name for some reason. Oh yea, Planned Abortion, or something like that. That is just off of the top of my head, If I were to research it, I could come up much more.
    All of these cuts are to programs that affect the lower and middle class. No cuts to corporate welfare or defense. Peanuts - cuts need to be made where they can actually make a difference in the bottom line financially not just the programs that make folks feel morally superior.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    All of these cuts are to programs that affect the lower and middle class. No cuts to corporate welfare or defense. Peanuts - cuts need to be made where they can actually make a difference in the bottom line financially not just the programs that make folks feel morally superior.
    Okay, you are correct. I forgot about intellectually void tax breaks for moronic pet projects. Like solar energy and electric car cr@p.

Not sure if we should cut back on national security, have to look at that on a case by case issue.

Oh yea, and that utterly ridiculous war on drugs. No further funding for that folly.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

NO wonder my wife couldn't get disability.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12