Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 52 of 52
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Have to disagree with you Glenn. I have acquaintence with some Blackwater folks... yes, they will do whatever it takes.
    Ya! Whatever it takes to make the most money in the theatre.

    Still say they are the least expensive way to fight a battle?

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Ya! Whatever it takes to make the most money in the theatre.

    Still say they are the least expensive way to fight a battle?
    Depends on how one views least expensive?

    There is a lot of political collateral damage when a govt military force does what needs to be done (something that is not popular)... When a mercenary force (especially one hired from outside the borders of a country) does the 'dirty work'... they (the mercenaries) end up being the 'bad guys'... thus reduced political collateral damage.

    IMO in the bigger picture yes... Blackwater is cheaper. And more so... the job was done!
    What I mean is: When the US military goes in... they take out BinLaden... When Blackwater goes in... they take out every Al-Queda warm body they can find (maybe even hundreds of those worthless insurgents--who we need to remember have a religious creed that ALL non-Muslims must be killed... that includes Americans BTW)... Sending a STRONG message:
    "Do NOT mess with us... you WILL be sorry... YOU will pay with your life... and you can play news media politics until the sun does not shine... and NOBODY CARES... because Blackwater did this... NOT the USA".
    Kinda like back in 2005 when Syria tried to set up a nuke plant to build bombs.... and the Israel Mossad blew it up. The USA gets the benefit of the action (and yes, I am SURE we paid for it)... yet is not responsible in the eyes of world politics... Which IMO is a HUGE positive!!! Just imagine: Actually getting something DONE militarily... without the endless media hype from goofy liberals (commies and socialists and one-world govt types... how much would that be worth in US$'s... ).

    I would say that is a win-win-win with less cost in the larger picture.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Depends on how one views least expensive?

    There is a lot of political collateral damage when a govt military force does what needs to be done (something that is not popular)... When a mercenary force (especially one hired from outside the borders of a country) does the 'dirty work'... they (the mercenaries) end up being the 'bad guys'... thus reduced political collateral damage.

    IMO in the bigger picture yes... Blackwater is cheaper. And more so... the job was done!
    What I mean is: When the US military goes in... they take out BinLaden... When Blackwater goes in... they take out every Al-Queda warm body they can find (maybe even hundreds of those worthless insurgents--who we need to remember have a religious creed that ALL non-Muslims must be killed... that includes Americans BTW)... Sending a STRONG message:
    "Do NOT mess with us... you WILL be sorry... YOU will pay with your life... and you can play news media politics until the sun does not shine... and NOBODY CARES... because Blackwater did this... NOT the USA".
    Kinda like back in 2005 when Syria tried to set up a nuke plant to build bombs.... and the Israel Mossad blew it up. The USA gets the benefit of the action (and yes, I am SURE we paid for it)... yet is not responsible in the eyes of world politics... Which IMO is a HUGE positive!!! Just imagine: Actually getting something DONE militarily... without the endless media hype from goofy liberals (commies and socialists and one-world govt types... how much would that be worth in US$'s... ).

    I would say that is a win-win-win with less cost in the larger picture.
    I agree with Glenn. They are not as courageous as our soldiers. I also feel they are more expensive than our soldiers for identical isolated missions. Besides they are small time with limited ground support and no air support. They are just overpaid govt leaching bodyguards. But that is what wars does…it brings out the leaches.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I agree with Glenn. They are not as courageous as our soldiers. I also feel they are more expensive than our soldiers for identical isolated missions. Besides they are small time with limited ground support and no air support. They are just overpaid govt leaching bodyguards. But that is what wars does…it brings out the leaches.
    So let me see if I am understanding you:

    When Israel went in and destroyed the nuke reactor in NE Syria... The nuke plant (under construction when it was destroyed) was in the middle of a large town.. women and kids got killed. Yet I do not remember hearing anything about this in the mainstream media... the reason was simple: because there was no mileage to get from it. I read about it from an off-shore news source I subscribe to... one get STRAIGHT news from outside the USA.

    What happened was: The USA paid for the raid... the job was done... the results are: NO NUKES in the wrong hand. And most of all... Americans did not have to listen to all that endless drivel in the media... which forms incorrect public opinion.

    Yet you like the idea of using the US military anyhow... even though it probably cost less US$$$'s for Israel to do the 'dirty work'.

    Why?

    Honestly... you are not making sense (as usual for a lib).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So let me see if I am understanding you:

    When Israel went in and destroyed the nuke reactor in NE Syria... The nuke plant (under construction when it was destroyed) was in the middle of a large town.. women and kids got killed. Yet I do not remember hearing anything about this in the mainstream media... the reason was simple: because there was no mileage to get from it. I read about it from an off-shore news source I subscribe to... one get STRAIGHT news from outside the USA.

    What happened was: The USA paid for the raid... the job was done... the results are: NO NUKES in the wrong hand. And most of all... Americans did not have to listen to all that endless drivel in the media... which forms incorrect public opinion.

    Yet you like the idea of using the US military anyhow... even though it probably cost less US$$$'s for Israel to do the 'dirty work'.

    Why?

    Honestly... you are not making sense (as usual for a lib).

    Everyone knows that if Massad did something like that it is with full support of the US. The big question is was their pre-knowledge of 911 also known by the US?

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Everyone knows that if Massad did something like that it is with full support of the US. The big question is was their pre-knowledge of 911 also known by the US?
    Brian, you are not gonna bait me into a 'truther' discussion... you can do a search at H-talk... that topic has been discussed all it needs to be.

    If you really think something improper (or illegal) was done... then start hounding your congresscritter to investigate it. Or elect a new one who WILL.

    Now I have a question for you: Why is it ALL the folks who post for sport... are liberals?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Brian, you are not gonna bait me into a 'truther' discussion... you can do a search at H-talk... that topic has been discussed all it needs to be.

    If you really think something improper (or illegal) was done... then start hounding your congresscritter to investigate it. Or elect a new one who WILL.

    Now I have a question for you: Why is it ALL the folks who post for sport... are liberals?
    Then just respond to the first sentance you quoted.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Then just respond to the first sentance you quoted.
    So who made you the boss? Am I on your payroll?

    No, GA is not angry with Brian... just that Brian is behaving like a spoiled child (again)... thinking he can control others.

    Do yourself a favor: push the keyboard back and go do something else... best way to avoid points or a vacation...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    No, GA is not angry with Brian... just that Brian is behaving like a spoiled child (again)... thinking he can control others.
    You made the statement that Blackwater is cheaper than our US Military in all cases. It is you that cannot support your claim.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So let me see if I am understanding you:

    When Israel went in and destroyed the nuke reactor in NE Syria... The nuke plant (under construction when it was destroyed) was in the middle of a large town.. women and kids got killed. Yet I do not remember hearing anything about this in the mainstream media... the reason was simple: because there was no mileage to get from it. I read about it from an off-shore news source I subscribe to... one get STRAIGHT news from outside the USA.

    What happened was: The USA paid for the raid... the job was done... the results are: NO NUKES in the wrong hand. And most of all... Americans did not have to listen to all that endless drivel in the media... which forms incorrect public opinion.

    Yet you like the idea of using the US military anyhow... even though it probably cost less US$$$'s for Israel to do the 'dirty work'.

    Why?

    Honestly... you are not making sense (as usual for a lib).
    So how come you did not hire Blackwater to do it?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,866
    If these particular mercenaries are really that good why do they keep changing their name? Blackwater = XE =Academi. When we head down the road of mercenaries over our own we are following the example of the Roman Empire. How did that work out for them? Our G.I.s are well trained and LOYAL to THIS country not just the almighty dollar.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You made the statement that Blackwater is cheaper than our US Military in all cases. It is you that cannot support your claim.
    Who says I am responsible to you Brian... When I try to 'splain something to you... your feeble mind is not mature enough to understand.... sorry.

    MeThinks you know you are behind the 8 ball... and trying to hedge by shifting attention away from yourself.

    Best of luck to you... you will need it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Who says I am responsible to you Brian... When I try to 'splain something to you... your feeble mind is not mature enough to understand.... sorry.

    MeThinks you know you are behind the 8 ball... and trying to hedge by shifting attention away from yourself.

    Best of luck to you... you will need it...
    Just as you are ignoring the question now and redirecting it by trying to insult a fellow poster?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event