Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, raise your kids on fast foods and snack foods and soda and turn them into a maniac like adam lanza......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

Wish I could believe that but the only thing I have seen in the "high MPG" cars are glorified scooters with a cab, high price and room for two sardines. Thank you, thank you very much
    It all depends on how much you drive....if you don't get out much a high mpg vehicle isn't for you, if you travel a lot then the price of the car drops dramatically possibly even below that of other cars. As far as size....well the Prius is just as big as a family size car and gets 50+ mpg. Oh and there is now an electric pickup truck on the market. My father in-law has a Chevy S10 that is converted to run on an electric motor.

Ever heard of gasification?
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/9...s-world-record

You can modify any vehicle to run this way. Wonder why this kinda stuff is rarely if ever seen in the media?

They are lying to you.

Are you kidding? If that school had an armed security guard like the NRA suggests, he would not have made it in the door. That massacre is a solid reason that conceal and carry should not be restricted. Armed people in EVERY public setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
    Gas mileage is measured using 100% gasoline, then congress mandates 10%+ alcohol, to be sure that we can't get the mileage we purchased.

Fuel standards are not the reason that the senators and house member positions were established. Just another example of government screwing up the lives of the citizens. Big headed politicians regulate car fuel standards then fly all over the globe. How many gallons of consumption do they create? Big O flew Air Force One to Hawaii twice for this last idiot show. The laws are for the people - not the politicans.
    While planes do consume A LOT of fuel, even the government is making cutbacks to their consumption...as our last President had air force one switched to a fuel-electric hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    You think that "Food Nazis" going to extend of inspecting student lunch boxes and confiscating unhealthy food brought from home, would allow soda and chips vending machines on school property?
    I do NOT think the govt should be involved in nutrition... I think it should be up to parents.

Show me a govt program that is a success and more efficient than private enterprise... Go on, show me just one... Bet-cha you cannot find one.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Are you kidding? If that school had an armed security guard like the NRA suggests, he would not have made it in the door. That massacre is a solid reason that conceal and carry should not be restricted. Armed people in EVERY public setting.
    Just FYI:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post14925851

Heard this morning GA is considering the NRA solution also: Armed guards in schools.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I do NOT think the govt should be involved in nutrition... I think it should be up to parents.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but child obesity is a big problem. If all parents were responsible like you, me or other members here, we as a country, would not have this problem. Unfortunately our culture tolerates and sometimes promotes obesity and many parents do not care what their children eat.
    Letting children become grossly overweight is like child abuse, and government should do something to stop child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Show me a govt program that is a success and more efficient than private enterprise... Go on, show me just one... Bet-cha you cannot find one.
    The cost of twenty US soldiers vs. the cost of twenty Blackwater mercenaries.

Are you kidding? If that school had an armed security guard like the NRA suggests, he would not have made it in the door.
    Not well thought through.

Schools have many entrances. How can he guard each one?
    Should he frisk everyone entering the school?
    Should there be metal detectors too?
    Maybe numerous guards for each school?
    Will they be highly trained?
    Will the State or Fed pay for it?
    Should we close a few schools or fire some more teachers to afford it?
    How many people can someone kill before this guard gets to the location?
    Will he have the guts to approach someone with an “assault rifle?”

An armed guard on a plane is reasonable. One 9mm on a campus is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Funny I thought he came in through a window. I guess you would need to put an armed guard on every window instead of just letting the employees with a CCW pack at no cost. Makes sense for those with common sense. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You obviously do not read much in the news... Mercenaries tend to get the job done... while the US military has their hands tied over politics.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    I don't want to sound like a broken record but child obesity is a big problem. If all parents were responsible like you, me or other members here, we as a country, would not have this problem. Unfortunately our culture tolerates and sometimes promotes obesity and many parents do not care what their children eat.
    Letting children become grossly overweight is like child abuse, and government should do something to stop child abuse.
    Funny thing: a few generations ago... when the govt was NOT involved... we did not have an obe3sity problem... Now the govt is involved and we do... I can connect those dots... can you?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Not well thought through.

Schools have many entrances. How can he guard each one?
    Should he frisk everyone entering the school?
    Should there be metal detectors too?
    Maybe numerous guards for each school?
    Will they be highly trained?
    Will the State or Fed pay for it?
    Should we close a few schools or fire some more teachers to afford it?
    How many people can someone kill before this guard gets to the location?
    Will he have the guts to approach someone with an “assault rifle?”

An armed guard on a plane is reasonable. One 9mm on a campus is a joke.
    Well, as I hear in the news; the fine state of GA is seriously considering fully trained police officers at schools.
    BTW: In case you did not know: ALL schools for many years have all the doors locked and only one way in... at the office/reception area.

Brian, you need to quit arguing and start using that brain God gave you for more than a hat-rack.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast