Waterfurnace premier 2 tripping!

My wife and I bought our first house together about 6 months ago and this is our first winter in it. Living in East Texas, it doesn't get that cold often but we just noticed the other night that our thermostat was off as my wife wanted the heater on. I went out and took the panels off the unit and found that on the lower circuit panel the breaker(on the unit itself) was tripped. I reset it which turned the unit back on. I watched after a few minutes as the variable speed fan came on and then what sounded like the compressor and then a small black box on the board that has power to it and small copper wire wound around the back of it makes a noise and then it trips. I hope that this is enough information for you who know much more about these units than myself.

Thanks

Brad

Can someone tell me what is happening? and possibly something I can try to fix this?

You need a qualified service tech. Messing with high voltage can be deadly!

bmerrell,

We apologize for not responding before now. If you have not already done so, we would suggest contacting your WaterFurnace dealer or HVAC contractor for further assistance. If your contractor is unable to provide a resolution, please have them contact our technical support staff for further assistance.

WaterFurnace International, Inc.

You need to contact a contractor. The Premier 2 is a great peice of equipment so go to www.waterfurnace.com and lookup a dealer that can repair the problem for you. It can be deadly to try and repair yourself.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!