Old York Stellar H.E. not establishing flame.?.

This is a perfect example of what I didn't like in the auto repair shop except this is a furnace. Two people tried (not qualified) tried to fix it, gave up, now I inherited the mess.
    Anyway, when you look through the site glass, the ignitor glows, hear a solenoid click about a min. later, gas comes on with a raspy looking flame for a few seconds then it seems to shut off on safety. She had a brand new flame rod and insisted I try it... Same result. Connection was cleaned too.
    Almost seems like it's not getting enough gas, or too much air. Could just be coincidense, but the furnace condensate trap was dry rotted and leaking, so instead of replacing it with the right part (which was done today now), they went to some aquarium store and fabricated a part, like a T conn., 2 days ago.?. It was just laying in the bottom not mounted like the cond. trap is now.
    I don't have the right eqt. to check the gas pressure, and my meter doesn't read microamps to test flame rod signal voltage.
    It's a tenant so I'm sure she will call an hvac co. b4 I get a response, but any imput would be appreciated. We haven't got to gas furnaces yet in school, so I'm not much help here.

If this is a tenant then the landlord needs to cough up the $$ to get it fixed.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

^^ That's ultamately what's gonna happen, tried to talk her into it already. I'm more or less jujst curious now cause I feel defeated.

You shouldn't have been there in the first place....anyone paying rent doesn't have to fix their own or find anyone else to fix it for the guy collecting the rent.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Probably a failed heat exchanger.

Ended up being moisture in the module. Used a blow dryer, and now it works fine.

We haven't got to gas furnaces yet in school, so I'm not much help here.
    Then you will make the third unqualified person to work on it.

Tell her she must call the landlord to have it fixed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Then you will make the third unqualified person to work on it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown