Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down "Al Jazeera America"

OH Great. Now we'll have our own terrorist network. Thanks Al Gore.

And He and Joel Hyatt seem to think they made a wise decision for the transaction.

"Al and I are thrilled and proud to announce that a few moments ago Current was acquired by Al Jazeera, the award winning international news organization.

When considering the several suitors who were interested in acquiring Current, it became clear to us that Al Jazeera was founded with the same goals we had for Current: To give voice to those whose voices are not typically heard; to speak truth to power; to provide independent and diverse points of view; and to tell the important stories that no one else is telling. Al Jazeera, like Current, believes that facts and truth lead to a better understanding of the world around us.

Al and I did significant due diligence as part of our evaluation process. We were impressed with all that we learned about Al Jazeera and its journalistic integrity, global reach, award-winning programming, and growing influence around the world. That influence has recently been demonstrated by Al Jazeera’s important and impactful coverage of the Arab Spring, which was widely credited as being the most thorough and informative coverage from any media company. Colin Powell told Al that Al Jazeera is the only cable news network he watches (which he is able to do because Comcast carries it in the Washington, DC market).

~~~~~

The rest of the world thinks so too. Al Jazeera English has won many, many awards including an Alfred I DuPont Award for Best Documentary, the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Four Freedoms Awards for freedom of speech and expression, an Amnesty International Award for International TV and Radio, the prestigious Peabody Award, and the Huffington Post Ultimate Media Gamechanger award."

Well Hey if Colin Powell watches it and it got the Huffington Post Awards it can't be all bad. Not.

Maybe they could hire Keith Olbermann back. He would fit right in.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...l-gore-and-co/
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

You could always stick your head in the sand.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Al Gore is a tree hugging idiot. He hates oil but loves the money he makes from his investments in oil. He is super rich. He stands to get 100 million dollars out of this sale and I hope the government taxes the crap out of him,

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    You could always stick your head in the sand.
    If I was Canadian I would. But what do we need with a network that thinks Osama Bin Laden is a Saint? That's a rhetorical question so you don't need to respond.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    If I was Canadian I would. But what do we need with a network that thinks Osama Bin Laden is a Saint? That's a rhetorical question so you don't need to respond.
    Have you read their articles? I think you do not know what you are talking about.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    OH Great. Now we'll have our own terrorist network. Thanks Al Gore.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Al Jazeera/Al Gore....Obama/Osama....anyone seeing a pattern here?

Looks like a good reason to drop DirecTV and go with Dish, which is more inclined to drop Current once their contract is up. Since DirecTV won't comment on the issue, and I have been having a lot of battles with them anyway, it's time to change dishes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If the programming is anything like this, I'll tune in every night
    http://youtu.be/vhnLk3TJWFY
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Never would have thought you the type to watch liberal media.

I've liked Steven Colbert for many years. I enjoy John Stewart also. I watch them for what they are. Entertainment. I never understood why liberals think it's the news. It's on Comedy Central for criss sakes.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

The first amendment isn't as important as the second I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    The first amendment isn't as important as the second I guess?
    First amendment says that you can say what you want without fear of prosecution from the government. No where does it say that people have to listen, broadcast, or pay a cable company to have it provided. The reason why they are buying a network is for the contracts they have with satellite and cable companies because no one would agree to air their programming in this country. Personally I don't care in they air in this nation. Most of what's on the TV is trash, so it will just be something for me to flip past before turning off the tv because there is nothing worth watching on the 800 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Now that's funny!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast