Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 34 of 34
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    233
    I asked my wife where it would all lead when the Gov. paid family members killed during 911. I thought why in the world should the Gov. pay because others died, even though tragic.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,761
    Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    I asked my wife where it would all lead when the Gov. paid family members killed during 911. I thought why in the world should the Gov. pay because others died, even though tragic.
    Yeah... anyone ever wonder why the govt paid each family of someone who died in 911... something between a couple hundred $Thousand and $Millions? Now that is a couple of hundred $Thousand or more to EACH of almost 3000 families. Yet a member of the armed forces who is killed defending his/her country does not even get enough to pay for a funeral.

    IMO we need to answer those two questions... before we should trust the govt again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO we need to answer those two questions... before we should trust the govt again.
    I disagree there is alot that has to be done/changed to even think about starting to give the government the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,761
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I disagree there is alot that has to be done/changed to even think about starting to give the government the benefit of the doubt.
    IMO you and I are saying the same thing...

    NEVER trust a polecat (politician)... regardless of party, platform, affiliation, background, etc. They did not get where they were/are being honest.

    BTW: the term polecat is one my grandfather used. The idea is; a politician is someone who cares only what the polls say... they have NO morals or beliefs... beyond what will advance their career. As such... they are cats (cats are not loyal like dogs) who hang out at the polls (measure of opinion today... not particularly what is right or wrong).

    Now imagine what life would be like if the counter guys at the local supply house, or your outside rep for your brand of equipment, had literally NO morals... and was totally driven by $$$ (as if this is anything new). Yeah, now give that person the power to make laws you have to follow... while they are exempt. Now you know what a polecat is.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO you and I are saying the same thing...

    NEVER trust a polecat (politician)... regardless of party, platform, affiliation, background, etc. They did not get where they were/are being honest.

    BTW: the term polecat is one my grandfather used. The idea is; a politician is someone who cares only what the polls say... they have NO morals or beliefs... beyond what will advance their career. As such... they are cats (cats are not loyal like dogs) who hang out at the polls (measure of opinion today... not particularly what is right or wrong).

    Now imagine what life would be like if the counter guys at the local supply house, or your outside rep for your brand of equipment, had literally NO morals... and was totally driven by $$$ (as if this is anything new). Yeah, now give that person the power to make laws you have to follow... while they are exempt. Now you know what a polecat is.
    Well said GA-HVAC-Tech.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, Ms.
    Posts
    13

    Its all about votes

    A long time ago, in an America far far away, a politician stepped up and said, "I'm from the government, and I am here to help". What he was really saying is, can I buy your vote. I'll fix you flooded home, I'll pay you not to farm your land. You can't do this alone, you need the US Government to take care of you. Thanks but no thanks, said the American, my Church and friends will help us, but thanks just the same. Oh no, we can't allow that, says the politician, there are rules and regulations that forbid that kind of ridiculousness....... It never was, and never should be the governments role to replace deeds of a Christian nation and common sense. The responsibility of government is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The Government protects your life and liberties unless your liberties degrade our nation. If the government steps beyond these rights, it should only be for one thing, and one thing only. To supply everyone who wants it, those blocks of delicious cheddar cheese, That stuff is so good.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,366
    Reminds me of the five surgeons...........

    Five surgeons from big cities are discussing who makes the Best
    patients to operate on.
    The first surgeon, from New York , says, 'I like to see accountants
    on my operating table because when you open them up, everything
    inside is numbered.'

    The second, from Chicago , responds, 'Yeah, but you should try
    electricians! Everything inside them is color coded.'

    The third surgeon, from Dallas , says, 'No, I really think librarians
    are the best, everything inside them is in alphabetical order.'

    The fourth surgeon, from Los Angeles chimes in: 'You know, I like
    construction workers...Those guys always understand when you have
    a few parts left over.'

    But the fifth surgeon, from Washington , DC shut them all up when
    he observed: 'You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on.
    There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine..
    Plus, the head and the arse are interchangeable.'
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,440
    Our taxes help big corporations to move from A to B,regardless the $4 a gallon of gas our tax dollars still fund big oil companies, we send millions to Israel,Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mexico,Colombia etc. whats wrong with helping our own people?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event