Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Personally... I like the system where each person fends for themselves. The smart person (read that the one who plans ahead and saves $$$)... can weather the rough times... The one who lives week to week... well they reap the rewards of their choices.
    Really? What is this supposed to mean? I put some money aside every year but I still live week to week. Even with "good" insurance God forbid your wife or kids get sick, Jan. 2nd of last year my son had to have an emergency appendectomy which was close to 1000 dollars out of pocket, my wife had to have surgery the week before Christmas, 650 dollars out of pocket before they would admit her, not to mention everything with sickeness and doctor bills through the year, this is 2 of the big instances and I've been lucky, I've had 2 or 3 friends die of cancer this year, you want to talk about burn up your bank account and anything you have quick.

I would really watch how you generalize people, because I'm not someone who takes handouts and none of the others I just talked about do either but there is alot of times when bad things do happen to good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

I had a liver transplant on July 16 of this year. Thank God I have good insurance but it still cost me a bundle out of pocket and I do not expect the government to use tax payer's money to pay my portion of the bill. I am all for helping people who are truly down and out through no fault of their own but to pay for rebuilding someone's house using tax payer's money is not acceptable.This kind of welfare is relatively new. I wonder if the government paid to rebuild San Francisco after the great earthquake and fire that leveled the city in (1906 ?) or any other natural disaster that occurred before this country turned into a tax payer bail out state. Most people have home owners insurance so just what are we paying for?

If we can send billions of dollars over seas, we can sure as hell help out american citizens that have had their homes and lives destroyed. I wonder what percentage of this money goes to individuals and what percentage goes to infrastructure, utilities,roads,bridges etc....
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    I had a liver transplant on July 16 of this year. Thank God I have good insurance but it still cost me a bundle out of pocket and I do not expect the government to use tax payer's money to pay my portion of the bill. I am all for helping people who are truly down and out through no fault of their own but to pay for rebuilding someone's house using tax payer's money is not acceptable.This kind of welfare is relatively new. I wonder if the government paid to rebuild San Francisco after the great earthquake and fire that leveled the city in (1906 ?) or any other natural disaster that occurred before this country turned into a tax payer bail out state. Most people have home owners insurance so just what are we paying for?
    Actually I was involved with work at a few government agencies and traveled extensively around after Katrina. You would be amazed how many people had insurance and got 0 becuase of the wind/flood debate on what actually destroyed their house. Alot of insurance companies ripped off alot of people and laws were passed afterwards to make it easier for them to screw you even more. On the same token alot of people got federal money that didn't deserve it too and I could write a book on government waste on some of the things I saw.

This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made.

"This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made."

sad but true
    IV IV IX

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    If we can send billions of dollars over seas, we can sure as hell help out american citizens that have had their homes and lives destroyed. I wonder what percentage of this money goes to individuals and what percentage goes to infrastructure, utilities,roads,bridges etc....
    We shouldn't be sending taxpayers money overseas either. For crying out loud, you didn't really think that you could make a case for reallocating money earned by hard working Americans by trying to support a bad idea with a worse one...did you?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Actually I was involved with work at a few government agencies and traveled extensively around after Katrina. You would be amazed how many people had insurance and got 0 becuase of the wind/flood debate on what actually destroyed their house. Alot of insurance companies ripped off alot of people and laws were passed afterwards to make it easier for them to screw you even more. On the same token alot of people got federal money that didn't deserve it too and I could write a book on government waste on some of the things I saw.

This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made.
    So, instead of expecting government to pay more attention to preventing insurance companies from screwing us, you think that government should just use our own money, confiscated through tax laws, to pay for those who have already paid for insurance and just let the insurance companies continue to screw us?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We shouldn't be sending taxpayers money overseas either. For crying out loud, you didn't really think that you could make a case for reallocating money earned by hard working Americans by trying to support a bad idea with a worse one...did you?
    i feel no need to make a case to you. this isn't a courtroom. i am just stating my opinion on a internet forum.
    IV IV IX

i feel no need to make a case to you. this isn't a courtroom. i am just stating my opinion on a internet forum.
    LOL! As we all are. Sometimes it seems like we have some sort of authority, but we are all pretty much in the same catagory as screwed over citizens. You are correct, it is just a discussion.

sometimes you just have to bend over and take it like a man
    IV IV IX

well the flood insurance program is a govt program, if you buy a house in a flood plain what do you expect? you are high risk and premiums should be adjusted accordingly. as far as what they call entitlements social security and medicare are mine they come out of my check and i should be allowed to draw them out when i want but becuase the govt sets the rules on their ponzi schemes I may never see it. it should be mandatory to put them into investment accounts with your name on them so that it can only be used by you or your survivors should you pass before using them,and by the way the chinese probably laugh their butts off every year when the US sends them millions of dollars in aid monies .not payment on loans but aid monies

sometimes you just have to bend over and take it like a man
    No I don't...at least not without demanding a reach around or kiss on the neck...

The "rape" analogy is a good one though. I think that most working Americans who are unwittingly supporting the increasing number of Americans who are becoming government dependent are tired of being raped, and there are still many working Americans who naively still believe that more government is a good thing, not realizing yet how they are being duped into literally having to pay for all of those wonderful government programs.

Maybe when some of the kind hearted liberal Americans who do work and pay taxes see less of their money going to them and more going to government this year, just maybe they will wake up and realize that when they vote for "government" to be benevolent, they are really voting for more of their hard earned money to be taken away from them and reallocated to others, while providing government agencies with even more power to more easily take more money from us and control our social lives even more.

Before the deals made to prevent the mythical "fiscal cliff", I had estimated that about $5,000 more would be taken from my wife and I in taxes this coming year. Thanks to the efforts, albeit still limited and pathetic, of more conservative acting Congress persons, I have reestimated that about $2,000 additional will be confiscated from my household income. This is of course, before the White House comes back in a month or two with another round of fiscal cliff scare tactics, which Obama has already promised will be done. Obama also made it clear that he has no intentions of dealing with Congress on what he (Obama) intends to do as far as raising taxes, reducing tax breaks and in general confiscating more money from Americans who work.

So don't think for one second that any of us who already realize that we are being royally screwed, with Obama being the self dedicated royalty, are going to just bend over and take it. No matter how much some liberals may like what government is doing to us, eventually it will become too much to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, instead of expecting government to pay more attention to preventing insurance companies from screwing us, you think that government should just use our own money, confiscated through tax laws, to pay for those who have already paid for insurance and just let the insurance companies continue to screw us?

Nope never stated that at any point in what you quoted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast