+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government entitlements and such.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Thumbs down Government entitlements and such.

Do you think the government should be responsible for footing the bill to repair peoples property destroyed by Hurricane Sandy? Why should tax payers foot the bill? I don't think I should be entitled to tax payers money just because a tornado leveled my house. I am not talking about low interest loans> I am talking about direct payments to individuals to rebuild their homes.

Post Likes
    I agree. If insurance doesn't cover the damage, there is something seriously wrong with the insurance system. That's where government should be focused on, not protecting insurance companies by making the American taxpayer an unwilling supplemental insurance bankroll.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    i think part of it is to help the economy. and of course to look good

Post Likes
    Some people didn't have insurance at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Some people didn't have insurance at all.
    Then they shouldn't be owning a house.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Then they shouldn't be owning a house.
    Agreed. Even more renters don't have insurance for their contents, even though coverage is cheap.

Post Likes
    Not only do they think others should foot the bill, they are pizzed off cause its taking so long to get them the dough. I dont get it either.

Post Likes
    Yes.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    This country is slowly but surely turning into a Europe kind of country. It want be to long and we will just give the government our paycheck every week and they will take care of the working person plus all of the dead beats. All of our income will be paid over to "Big Brother' in taxes and we will be told where we can travel, when we can take vacations, what we can eat and everything else we can do. It's a bleak outlook for our kids coming up.

Post Likes
    Personally... I like the system where each person fends for themselves. The smart person (read that the one who plans ahead and saves $$$)... can weather the rough times... The one who lives week to week... well they reap the rewards of their choices.

If the govt is gonna provide everything... then why are we working... Would be smarter to just quit and let uncle Sam take care of me...

Like the libs at ARP... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Even Republicans are playing this disaster strictly for political purposes. The New York Democrats in Washington have filled the bill to help these disaster victims with 3 times the amount of cost to the American worker by stuffing the bill with unrelated programs;
    According to House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, a California Republican, the bill did not go to a vote before Congress adjourned because New York’s two Democratic senators “packed it with pork.”
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/02/ho...#ixzz2H4YQrxPK

Democrats never miss an oportunity to use a disaster to screw over the American people. Not that an additional bill should need to be passed to pay any more to hurricane victims anyway. That is what FEMA and the heavily government funded American Red Cross are supposed to be doing with the billions of taxpayer dollars that they rip off from American workers each year.

Let's face it, we the people have shown those in government that we will lie down and let them have their way with us while we scream for more of the same by voting the way we voted in the last erection...NO, THAT IS NOT A TYPO!
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Even Republicans are playing this disaster strictly for political purposes. The New York Democrats in Washington have filled the bill to help these disaster victims with 3 times the amount of cost to the American worker by stuffing the bill with unrelated programs;
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/02/ho...#ixzz2H4YQrxPK

Democrats never miss an oportunity to use a disaster to screw over the American people. Not that an additional bill should need to be passed to pay any more to hurricane victims anyway. That is what FEMA and the heavily government funded American Red Cross are supposed to be doing with the billions of taxpayer dollars that they rip off from American workers each year.

Let's face it, we the people have shown those in government that we will lie down and let them have their way with us while we scream for more of the same by voting the way we voted in the last erection...NO, THAT IS NOT A TYPO!
    I saw this too. Disgraceful
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Personally... I like the system where each person fends for themselves. The smart person (read that the one who plans ahead and saves $$$)... can weather the rough times... The one who lives week to week... well they reap the rewards of their choices.
    Really? What is this supposed to mean? I put some money aside every year but I still live week to week. Even with "good" insurance God forbid your wife or kids get sick, Jan. 2nd of last year my son had to have an emergency appendectomy which was close to 1000 dollars out of pocket, my wife had to have surgery the week before Christmas, 650 dollars out of pocket before they would admit her, not to mention everything with sickeness and doctor bills through the year, this is 2 of the big instances and I've been lucky, I've had 2 or 3 friends die of cancer this year, you want to talk about burn up your bank account and anything you have quick.

I would really watch how you generalize people, because I'm not someone who takes handouts and none of the others I just talked about do either but there is alot of times when bad things do happen to good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Although I do sympathize with the victims misfortunes,the ? is Where is it written in the Constution that the government takes care of people from the cradle to the grave??

Post Likes
    I had a liver transplant on July 16 of this year. Thank God I have good insurance but it still cost me a bundle out of pocket and I do not expect the government to use tax payer's money to pay my portion of the bill. I am all for helping people who are truly down and out through no fault of their own but to pay for rebuilding someone's house using tax payer's money is not acceptable.This kind of welfare is relatively new. I wonder if the government paid to rebuild San Francisco after the great earthquake and fire that leveled the city in (1906 ?) or any other natural disaster that occurred before this country turned into a tax payer bail out state. Most people have home owners insurance so just what are we paying for?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    I had a liver transplant on July 16 of this year. Thank God I have good insurance but it still cost me a bundle out of pocket and I do not expect the government to use tax payer's money to pay my portion of the bill. I am all for helping people who are truly down and out through no fault of their own but to pay for rebuilding someone's house using tax payer's money is not acceptable.This kind of welfare is relatively new. I wonder if the government paid to rebuild San Francisco after the great earthquake and fire that leveled the city in (1906 ?) or any other natural disaster that occurred before this country turned into a tax payer bail out state. Most people have home owners insurance so just what are we paying for?
    Actually I was involved with work at a few government agencies and traveled extensively around after Katrina. You would be amazed how many people had insurance and got 0 becuase of the wind/flood debate on what actually destroyed their house. Alot of insurance companies ripped off alot of people and laws were passed afterwards to make it easier for them to screw you even more. On the same token alot of people got federal money that didn't deserve it too and I could write a book on government waste on some of the things I saw.

This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made.

Post Likes
    "This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made."

sad but true
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Actually I was involved with work at a few government agencies and traveled extensively around after Katrina. You would be amazed how many people had insurance and got 0 becuase of the wind/flood debate on what actually destroyed their house. Alot of insurance companies ripped off alot of people and laws were passed afterwards to make it easier for them to screw you even more. On the same token alot of people got federal money that didn't deserve it too and I could write a book on government waste on some of the things I saw.

This is the thing, just like everything else, the working middle class family that try to live right and by the book will always be the ones getting screwed over. Those that live off entitlements and contribute absolutely nothing to anything will always have it made.
    So, instead of expecting government to pay more attention to preventing insurance companies from screwing us, you think that government should just use our own money, confiscated through tax laws, to pay for those who have already paid for insurance and just let the insurance companies continue to screw us?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, instead of expecting government to pay more attention to preventing insurance companies from screwing us, you think that government should just use our own money, confiscated through tax laws, to pay for those who have already paid for insurance and just let the insurance companies continue to screw us?

Nope never stated that at any point in what you quoted.

Post Likes
    I asked my wife where it would all lead when the Gov. paid family members killed during 911. I thought why in the world should the Gov. pay because others died, even though tragic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in