+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BACKUP PACKAGE AC UNIT FOR SERVER ROOM GOING OFF BY MORNING

Post Likes

BACKUP PACKAGE AC UNIT FOR SERVER ROOM GOING OFF BY MORNING

IM WORKING ON A SERVER ROOM AC SYSTEM WHICH HAS A CONTROL BOX WITH PRIMARY AND BACK UP SWITCH AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHES TO BACKUP WHEN PRIMARY GOES DOWN SO THE PRIMARY IS DOWN BAD COMPRESSOR WAITING FOR NEW ONE I HAVE UNIT AIRHANDLER AND CONDENSOR ITYS A SPLIT SYSTEM AIR COOLED SHUT OFF AT DISCONECT SWITCHED OVER TO SECONDARY SYSTEM PACKAGE AIRCOOLED UNIT RUNS GOOD PROBLEM IS IT WILL NOT SHUT OFF RUNS CONTINUEOUSLY HAS ACCUTEMP SENSOR T-STATS ALL CHECKED OUT WORKS ALL DAY NO PROBLEMS CUSTOMER SAYS THEY FIND ROOM HOT EVEY MORNING PRESS BUTTON TO RESTET BACK TO PRIMERY SYSTEM THEN BACK TO SECONDARY AND IT WORKS ALL DAY UNTIL IT GOES OFF IN THE NIGHT AGAIN OUT OF IDEAS THE ONLY THING I THINK IS HAPPENING IS THE UNIT IS CONTINUEOUSLY RUNNING AND TRIPPING THE INTERNAL OVERLOADS ANY THOUGHTS WILL BE BACK THERE IN THE AM NEED SOME IDEAS

Post Likes
    What button are they pushing? Take your caps lock off. All caps are hard to read. Is this button a manual change over switch from primary to secondary system? Is there some kind of timer on this system?

Post Likes
    yes its a manual change over switch from primary to secondary,it seems like there is a timer but i check system did not see one

Post Likes
    Could be its going off on low pressure switch at night.

What have you checked.

Post Likes
    Yea at night low ambient control working could it be going off on low pressure from unit running non stop

Post Likes
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    cool went there this morning unit still running room 65 temp unit didnt shut off had to bypass control switch over box add t-stat back up unit turning on and off fine found that though the control box when i reset unit contactors were chattering only getting 12 volts pushed in contact and all pulled in now showing 24 volts did this over and over once i switched to t-stat from control box no more voltage drop so for now this is how its going to work think i solved the problem need to tear into that switch over box and go through all the wires for possible short

Post Likes
    Not trying to be mean, but would please use punctuation like periods and such. It's hard to tell where your sentences sentences begin and end. I am glad that you are making progress with your problem.

Post Likes
    oh buddy if i wanted an english lesson i would have asked mo

Post Likes
    update problem fixed,the problem was the back up system was wired where on a call for cooling during switchover all four contactors where getting pulled in at the same time causing a voltage drop,the blower moter,condensor fan motor,and cooling stage one and two,was causing contactors too only pull halfway in most of the time causing arking,so i added a couple delay on makes,and its working great

Post Likes
    I prefer the Diversitec 007 control checker http://www.diversitech.com/Product-S...000000JpCt9IAF

It's reusable, works from 24 to 460V controls and has been reliable for everything I've used it for (I usually use a baggie and a cable tie if I suspect it might be exposed to water).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raven22 View Post
    update problem fixed,the problem was the back up system was wired where on a call for cooling during switchover all four contactors where getting pulled in at the same time causing a voltage drop,the blower moter,condensor fan motor,and cooling stage one and two,was causing contactors too only pull halfway in most of the time causing arking,so i added a couple delay on makes,and its working great
    Isn't it amazing how the simplest things can cause the most problems and take the longest to find!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in