Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: flame sensor?

If you don't know how to test a flame sensor you should demand a full refund for your tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by pcp View Post
    If you don't know how to test a flame sensor you should demand a full refund for your tuition.
    That's a little harsh pcp.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    That's a little harsh pcp.
    Yep! some forget they did not know everything at one time. Then of course you have these to.....
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

easy.... new tec with questions...... flame sensor never has or never will cause a flame to be sloppy..... it just proves the flame is there.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Commenting on the school not the tech!

ok.... we will all get over it...lol
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by addiscott View Post
    Thanks alot! As I said I'm a little new but I shouldn't have second guessed myself. This is the track i was taking but supply house said flame sensor.

The supply house is, just that, a supply house. When I go to supply houses I always hear the guys behind the counter trying to help diagnose stuff over the phone. Their job is to take numbers you give them and turn them into parts, not diagnose your service call. Don't believe me? Call Grainger sometime and ask for technical help It's like talking to a barrel of monkeys. Do you have a senior tech to ask questions to?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The supply house is, just that, a supply house. When I go to supply houses I always hear the guys behind the counter trying to help diagnose stuff over the phone. Their job is to take numbers you give them and turn them into parts, not diagnose your service call. Don't believe me? Call Grainger sometime and ask for technical help It's like talking to a barrel of monkeys. Do you have a senior tech to ask questions to?

very well said..... go to the suppliers with earplugs...... they no almost zero on the service end....all the good ones are long dead......

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    very well said..... go to the suppliers with earplugs...... they no almost zero on the service end....all the good ones are long dead......
    We've got a coupleof real good motor guys at some local motor supply houses but that's about it.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Yep! some forget they did not know everything at one time. Then of course you have these to.....
    seems to be common.

Commenting on the school not the tech!
    that's how it sounded to me. some people retain info faster than others. or maybe they have not been to that chapter yet.

If you are working on a G26 and the pilot is fluttering before main ignition, make sure you have the rubber gasket on the bottom of the fire box that the pilot tubing goes thru is installed correctly. I have seen air gaps in thst gasket cause pilots to flutter enough on ignition to cause flame rectification problems.

You dont want to be helpful keep your mouth shut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast