Thread: most efficient way to run my goodman modulating furnace

Post Likes

most efficient way to run my goodman modulating furnace

I have the GMVM80K furnace and the comfortnet stat. According to the manual, if the room temp is 2 deg below setpoint it will run on high fire to catch up. If only one degree below, it will run on a lower fire unless it can't get caught up in a reasonable amount of time. So, in playing around with heating programs and set-backs, I have found that if I only bump up the program temp 1 degree at a time, then it never runs on high fire... so it runs a lot on a lower fire and brings my room temp up gradually. To me this seems more economical.. But is this the best way to run this furnace? Is there any harm in the fact that I expect it to not run on high fire unless it is very cold outside? thanks, Mike

Post Likes
    No harm, but not practical when you use setback.

Post Likes
    What I am doing is setting the temp back 3 degrees when I go to bed, then bump it up 1 degree every hour in the morning. I start the temp rise 1.5 hours before I get up, so by the time I am downstairs eating breakfast it is on its last "leg" of warm up.. Would I be better off economically-speaking to wait to the last minute and have it jump 3 degrees and thus run on high fire? I am trying to be as efficient as possible.. thanks.

Post Likes
    Probably better off setting it to recover 1/2 hour before you get up and letting it go to high fire. Its a tad more efficient in high fire then in any of the lower firing rates.

Post Likes
    thanks! That is the type of information I was looking for!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in