Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the spinning has begun .

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And people like you are qualified to enlighten us because?
    I'm not qualified to enlighten anyone. You are responsible for your own enlightenment.
    If you see Buddha walking down the road, kill him, because he's an impostor. Meaning there is no Guru that can fix you or provide the answers you seek. Only you can enlighten yourself. No one else can do it for you.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

It's a comparison of things so small that they cannot understand the thing that provides their entire existance because that thing is too large to comprehend. I thought you so called progressives were able to think in the abstract.
    No...I got that part....but comparing God to a butt licking dog?

Besides....if you really want to compare us to something that is more like us (unaware) a bacteria would hit a little closer to home. Fleas realize there is much more than out there than just the dog and often travel to other homes...as far as not understanding it's host....i wonder if when a flea is sitting on a dogs rear the flea thinks to itself....yep mine smells like that too....if so they would have a better understanding of their "God" than we do.

Just another version of hippie Progressives trying to take over the world and establish their New World Order in the name of sustainability. The main objectives are to replace God with concern for the earth. Some things never change. Go bark at the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    I'm not qualified to enlighten anyone. You are responsible for your own enlightenment.
    If you see Buddha walking down the road, kill him, because he's an impostor. Meaning there is no Guru that can fix you or provide the answers you seek. Only you can enlighten yourself. No one else can do it for you.
    Could be. That doesn't explain my encounters with that which I can only refer to as the Holy Spirit, but if that's what works for you, go for it. Do you mind if I believe in a Creator with whom I have a spiritual relationship with? Is that ok by you?

And why would you condone killing someone who looks like The Buddha? Do you even know what The Buddha looked like? I'll give you a hint, The Buddha looked very little like he is portrayed in art, and for a respectful reason.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    No...I got that part....but comparing God to a butt licking dog?

Besides....if you really want to compare us to something that is more like us (unaware) a bacteria would hit a little closer to home. Fleas realize there is much more than out there than just the dog and often travel to other homes...as far as not understanding it's host....i wonder if when a flea is sitting on a dogs rear the flea thinks to itself....yep mine smells like that too....if so they would have a better understanding of their "God" than we do.
    Hey, at least you are thinking about just how insignificant we are in the broadspan of physical existance. I believe we are spiritual beings on a temporary physical journey, and when our physical bodies expire, as they all must, our spiritual selfs will once again be free to rejoin that which we refer to as God the Father.

Hey, at least you are thinking about just how insignificant we are in the broadspan of physical existance. I believe we are spiritual beings on a temporary physical journey, and when our physical bodies expire, as they all must, our spiritual selfs will once again be free to rejoin that which we refer to as God the Father.
    It's very possible..... I try not to deny or put down any person's belief because zero of us know the truth, unless of course some amongst us are holding secrets.

As for myself.... I choose not to believe in one idea....but to accept the possibility of many different theories...which may eventually condemn my soul.

It's very possible..... I try not to deny or put down any person's belief because zero of us know the truth, unless of course some amongst us are holding secrets.

As for myself.... I choose not to believe in one idea....but to accept the possibility of many different theories...which may eventually condemn my soul.
    I do not cling to any one "idea" either. However, due to my personal spiritual experiences, in which I firmly believe are very real, I do stick to the "ideal" that the Universe (the physical realm in which we dwell in) is of an intelligent design. This means "ideally" that there must be some form of a Creator of the Universe. Since the Creator of a thing cannot be of the same form of existance as the thing that is created, the Creator of the Universe must be as far removed, or advanced of the Universe as a computer generated world is from it's human creator. That intelligent existance that Created the Universe is what we refer to as God.

The alternative is to believe that all of existance is mere happenstance and that we mortals exist only as mortals with no spiritual existance...no soul. Even if we can get our heads around all of existance just "happening", we are still left with; "What started it all, and where did "that" come from?"

One way of looking at this is that when you go as far backward in the creation of the Universe to where you are at a point that must be the beginning and you have no concept of how whatever is there at the beginning got there, you are then looking at God.

I do not cling to any one "idea" either. However, due to my personal spiritual experiences, in which I firmly believe are very real, I do stick to the "ideal" that the Universe (the physical realm in which we dwell in) is of an intelligent design. This means "ideally" that there must be some form of a Creator of the Universe. Since the Creator of a thing cannot be of the same form of existance as the thing that is created, the Creator of the Universe must be as far removed, or advanced of the Universe as a computer generated world is from it's human creator. That intelligent existance that Created the Universe is what we refer to as God.

The alternative is to believe that all of existance is mere happenstance and that we mortals exist only as mortals with no spiritual existance...no soul. Even if we can get our heads around all of existance just "happening", we are still left with; "What started it all, and where did "that" come from?"

One way of looking at this is that when you go as far backward in the creation of the Universe to where you are at a point that must be the beginning and you have no concept of how whatever is there at the beginning got there, you are then looking at God.
    God or no God....what created the creator? This is the question that can go beyond any form of belief out there.

Simply always was always is does not compute....at least not with any form of math or science that we know of.

God or no God....what created the creator? This is the question that can go beyond any form of belief out there.

Simply always was always is does not compute....at least not with any form of math or science that we know of.
    God is not of the physical Universe in which God Created. Since we have enough problems comprehending what we can verify with our five physical senses, we certainly have no more possibility of comprehending an entity that is not physical in nature but rather designed and Created everything that is.

Does God have a god? Who knows? We are not part of God's true realm as long as we live in the physical world, so there is no way for us to be able comprehend what we refer to as the spiritual world in which God exists. We are told that even though God the Father Created the Universe, the spiritual nature of Jesus Christ, known to us as the Son of God even though Jesus was still fully God, incarnate as man, is King of the spiritual world in which God the Creator exists and not king of God's Created Universe.

So yes, there may be a creator of the spiritual world in which God exists. This creation thing may go on infinitely, just as we ourselves are creators of computer generated universes. What say we take things one step at a time and try to better understand our own Creator before we go trying to think beyond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12