Thread: Need HVAC Ductwork - Chicago Suburbs (Lombard)

Post Likes

Need HVAC Ductwork - Chicago Suburbs (Lombard)

We are looking for an HVAC contractor to reduce the ducts in our basement ceiling. Someone who knows proper heat/air flow from furnace to registers when we change the duct. Can send pictures if needed. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Thread relocated to AOP

Post Likes

Post Likes
    usually nothing good comes of reducing ducts.... why would you want them reduced.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Thanks for the contractor map. We were looking to drywall the ceiling and it is low with the ducts. We just want to gain a couple of inches.

Post Likes
    oh I see..... you will be quite surprised as to how wide they will become when you try and gain a couple of inches ..... find a good contractor.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I've reduced the duct size for customers before. It's no big deal, just a little expensive. This would be the time of year to do the work, when the HVAC guys are slow. The supply and the return need to get wider. The necessary room available will be the issue. If you can't find anyone in you area who will do the work, email me. I (with my wife) visit Oakbrook Shopping Center often and I would be happy to take a look for you. My email address is in my profile.

Post Likes
    Thank you George2. Will email you when we are ready to do the work, just a little hectic in our house now.

Post Likes
    I understand.............Happy New Year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in