Thread: Dying SignatureStat t-stat?

Post Likes

Dying SignatureStat t-stat?

My 5 yr old Lennox SignatureStat thermostat had about 6-8 very dark blue vertical lines over an inch of the display. It was not possible to see anything where the lines were. I pressed menu, went in a few options, the lines were always there. I walked away and came back 2-3 hours later and the lines were gone.

Is this sign of an early death for my t-sat? Should I wait longer or have it changed VERY soon? I see this t-sat is not manufactured anymore. What would be an excellent replacement?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Post Likes
    thermostat is on its way out. it has a 5 year warranty so if still under warranty you don't want to wait.

Comfort sense 7000 or Honeywell 8000 are good replacements.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    thermostat is on its way out. it has a 5 year warranty so if still under warranty you don't want to wait.

Comfort sense 7000 or Honeywell 8000 are good replacements.
    Thanks Ted.

I'm one month passed the warranty Isn't that funny!!!! I know it is a VERY wild guess, but based on your experience, how much life might I still have with this t-stat? I really love this t-stat (my only complaint is the small display screen).

I'll look into your suggestions. Also, could you confirm that the 7000 will behave like the SignatureStat during a blackout and retain all the settings (ok, except maybe for the clock to lose 1 minute per hour without power... ) My initial research seems to indicate that.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    no way of knowing how much time you have left, i usually don't see them till they're dead.

7000 will retain program during power outage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in