Heat Pump Not Heating Properly? or is it suppose to do this?

I have a Byrant 2-ton heat pump (2 years old). My heating is acting weird or should it do this. Here is the problem.

Lets say the room temperature is 67. Outside air temp is around 50. When I set my thermostat to 68-69, it blows out air that is around 73-74 deg. (feels like cool air). If i set it three deg higer from 67, like 70 and above, the +1 on thermostat (heat strips) go on and air temp is around 85-87 deg.

Is it suppose to do this? Because without my the heat strips going on, my thermostat never goes up in measuring room temp. ....it just keeps running for a long time. and this causes my energy bill to be soo high.

Is it suppose to do this or should the temp be high without heat strips going on? Need help!

Should be blowing out warmer then it is. Needs checked, something is wrong.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

It's working properly. The heat strips come on with heat pump when the temp is more than 2 degrees of demand.

As for continuous run, the hp will run just like your ac in the summer. Better to have long run times than short cycles.

If you have high energy bills, it might be time for a load Calc to verify you have the right sized system for your home and an energy audit is always a good thing.

I say heat pumps not putting out enough heat your using the heat strips to heat your house. Call a pro to get it looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    It's working properly. The heat strips come on with heat pump when the temp is more than 2 degrees of demand.

As for continuous run, the hp will run just like your ac in the summer. Better to have long run times than short cycles.

If you have high energy bills, it might be time for a load Calc to verify you have the right sized system for your home and an energy audit is always a good thing.
    At 50 degree outdoor temp, it should be a lot warmer air from the supplies then just 7 degrees above room temp.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Mr. beenthere is absolutely right. Ive had hp at that odt run a supply temp of mid 90's. Something is wrong. get it checked.

you either have a ductwork issue, or a HP issue... air temp should be quite a bit above 90 with an ODT of 50F... it's also possible the system is undersized, but unlikely.
    get a technician out there to service your heat pump.
    however, raising the temp on your thermostat will raise the discharge temp because the aux strips will fire giving you additional heat, this part of your question is normal.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Goodman heatpumps typically has 101 supply air with outside 50 and inside 70.