Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    What have you done to solve the trap problem? I have a certain furnace that is nothing but trouble with restricted ports with a new CEHB and broken traps.
    Just replace the trap. And make sure the trap is not stressed. Having issues with condensate collars cracking as well. Lennox hasn't done anything to solve the problem so we are at their mercy.

The pressure switch is marked positive and negative and so is the collector who cares what color the hoses are?

Quote Originally Posted by Andr00 View Post
    These collectors have an annoying issue where they plug up with a white substance - looks like by-products of combustion to me, but I don't know. We just replace the collectors because they'll just clog and clog again otherwise. No callbacks once they're replaced.
    White substance is crystallization. Co workers say its due to too much heat in the collector box. The water is boiling.
    I'm still skeptical of this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcp View Post
    The pressure switch is marked positive and negative and so is the collector who cares what color the hoses are?
    No its not.

Maybe not all of them but the ones I've worked seem to always be marked

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Nice explanation Rundawg.
    Thank you.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Thanks "DandyMe" I got Lennox instructions now I understand about pressure differential on the switch. Thanks

I've seen it too, but can't remember which unit it was - see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Rundawg thanks! Alex sent me same info in Lennox literature so thanks guys. As far as others this is a Lennox which senses pressure differential across inducer office. ( I just learned this) I believe older Carriers used to sense actual combustion air in the burner box, with tube that connected at combustion chamber. I wasn't sure if drainage issue was tied into this current issue, but I'll replace the trap and then blow out the condensate line. PacNW lack of common sense it's one thing I wish I could teach people but how do u teach common sense when a person has no common sense? I was wondering if there was a issue with first series of pressure switches and I'll check with Lennox in am. The current switch I installed to get them going seems to work just fine just closes on a vacuum versus the pressure differential, but will get a hold of Lennox dealer. Thanks everyone I appreciate the 101 I received. Happy New Year

Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet. (so true Milk Man)

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    No its not.
    I stand corrected. P/n 56M22

Milk Man this is a G51MP-36B-070-07 so what issues may this Lennox furnace have?

Thanks for tip on the crack in the collector box guys I'll take a look and install a new one that could be my water issue and also explain the gurgling and splashing water sound lol duh

if it does not matter, then why 2 colors.

if you are going to do something for ease of application, why alter the standard for your purpose?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast