Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm doing this from memory. The pressure switch looks at the differential pressure of the orifice that is built into the cold end header box. The reasoning is if the heat exchanger is restricted the differential switch would not make, but a regular vacuum switch would. This is engineered to protect against heat exchanger problems,and the occupants of the building.

Using the wrong, and I do mean wrong, vacuum switch put the building and occupants in danger. Just this fall at our Lennox Dealer Training the FTC stated this type of practice is not to be done. You are taking all responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Space heaters or motel is a better option than installing a wrong, and this case, a blatantly wrong part even just for temporary.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post

how come i got beat up and he didnt?

Because I'm better looking.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    I'm doing this from memory. The pressure switch looks at the differential pressure of the orifice that is built into the cold end header box. The reasoning is if the heat exchanger is restricted the differential switch would not make, but a regular vacuum switch would. This is engineered to protect against heat exchanger problems,and the occupants of the building.

Using the wrong, and I do mean wrong, vacuum switch put the building and occupants in danger. Just this fall at our Lennox Dealer Training the FTC stated this type of practice is not to be done. You are taking all responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Space heaters or motel is a better option than installing a wrong, and this case, a blatantly wrong part even just for temporary.
    your close........

a differential switch will not make if the intake or exhaust is plugged, but will make up sooner with a plugged heat-x. differential is pressure drop. a plugged heat-x is a greater pressure drop, as in greater differntial

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Because I'm better looking.
    your not even close
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

oops my explaination was aimed at furnaces that measure the differential across the heat-x's. the lennox pressure switch wont make with a restricted secondary. a carrier will

Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    your close........

a differential switch will not make if the intake or exhaust is plugged, but will make up sooner with a plugged heat-x. differential is pressure drop. a plugged heat-x is a greater pressure drop, as in greater differential

your not even close
    I disagree when it comes to Lennox. The differential is measured at the orifice in the CEHB. If you have a plugged HX there will not be a pressure difference measured at the orifice. The draft motor will cause a vacuum of near equal amount at the orifice.

The HX restriction will act as a wall to anything upstream on the combustion air side. I will see the same vacuum on the heat exchanger side of the orifice as the draft motor side. This is why Lennox engineered the the CEHB this way.

I type slow.

hey i read slow, didnt see my mistake untill after the edit time elaplsed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234