Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hear ya Mr Bill..Sad part for me is that the neighbors that used to live there were very good friends with my wife and I but the great recession forced them to relocate to another state and well they couldnt sell the house so it went into a short sale so this is what i get..Hard to explain to my 2 boys just exacatly what these fools are doing next door...The worst part is they we'er bragging to the other neighbor about them now being able to carry their gun around because they just got their ccw...God help us all...

Quote Originally Posted by hvac71 View Post
    I hear ya Mr Bill..Sad part for me is that the neighbors that used to live there were very good friends with my wife and I but the great recession forced them to relocate to another state and well they couldnt sell the house so it went into a short sale so this is what i get..Hard to explain to my 2 boys just exacatly what these fools are doing next door...The worst part is they we'er bragging to the other neighbor about them now being able to carry their gun around because they just got their ccw...God help us all...
    You need to move or you need to move them....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

You need to move or you need to move them....
    He should vacuum the refrigerant out of their AC every month of the summer

He could do a little reading on the net and do some "magic"......and make the house disappear.... If you know what I mean....

poof....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

LOL...I kind of have the mentallity of "I was here first" so I have to figure a way out to make them move!!! Besides I like 95% of my other neighbors we do try and help each other out when we can...Just gose to show you that 1 or 2 bad apples can ruin a nieghborhood...

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    What is everybody's thoughts on fixing entitlement programs? I don't see how the government can ever balance the budget without fixing these programs.

SSI/SSDI: Should requirements be made tougher to get on this lifetime program?
    Food stamps: should there be a limit of what foods can be bought with taxpayers dollars, similar to what WIC does?
    Welfare and Section 8 housing?
    Medicaid?
    Entitlement programs are here to stay and there is no way to eliminate them.
    What can be done is to make sure that only people who truly need them, will benefit from them.
    Welfare recipients should be constantly controlled and checked. I have said it before, the list of all people on welfare should be a public information. If an 80 years old lady is using public assistance, she would not care about it, but if 30 years old healthy woman wearing fur and driving Lexus would think twice before using food stamps. Where I live I see it all the time. For this particular group of people, not leaching the system would be like a failure. They have this system perfectly figured out.
    Speaking about welfare mothers I would track down every healthy, child support evading father and draft him to the military. His salary would pay for raising a kid.
    Punishment for welfare fraud should be equal to punishment for insurance fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    What can be done is to make sure that only people who truly need them, will benefit from them.
    Welfare recipients should be constantly controlled and checked. I have said it before, the list of all people on welfare should be a public information. If an 80 years old lady is using public assistance, she would not care about it, but if 30 years old healthy woman wearing fur and driving Lexus would think twice before using food stamps. Where I live I see it all the time. For this particular group of people, not leaching the system would be like a failure. They have this system perfectly figured out.
    Speaking about welfare mothers I would track down every healthy, child support evading father and draft him to the military. His salary would pay for raising a kid.
    Very well put and i agree the programs are going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    That's how our system repays it's elderly hard workers for a lifetime of taxes & contribution.
    Yet- others can milk the system & contribute NOTHING!!!!!!

Their furnace is history & I'm replacing it on my dime. My god- it's the least I can do.
    He's been a customer for 20 years. I'm sad & very angry right now.

That's a good thing your doing Sir.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

what ever happened to work camp and collective farm? I'd say arm them with shovel and pick axe and start digging for that new subway line. we all gotta eat and have something to do. All the crack heads got nothing to do so they smoke crack.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    I spent some time w/ a long time customer today. He's late 80's maybe early 90's, his wife is mid 80's. They survive on SS & a very small pension she had. He had no pension, owned a small shoe repair shop for 50 years. Both worked, both payed into the system their whole lives. Last year- he had his hip replaced, his knee the year before. Medications & uncovered expenses have drained their savings. They live in a mobile home & the only car they have is an old Ford LTD.
    She's been in declining health for years. She's wheelchair bound now but can walk a few steps unassisted in the house. The last fall 3 weeks ago was a bad one. Almost lost her. She's recovering in an assisted living facility because he can no longer care for her on a daily basis. He wanted her to stay there but the cost isn't covered & that amount is over 6k....a month!!!! To keep her there- the facility wants them to sign over all their assets. His run down mobile home, his old LTD, their Social Security checks (both of them!) & their savings & checking acounts. The state will pay when nothing is left.
    WTF?
    He's bringing his wife home Wednesday.
    That's how our system repays it's elderly hard workers for a lifetime of taxes & contribution.
    Yet- others can milk the system & contribute NOTHING!!!!!!

Their furnace is history & I'm replacing it on my dime. My god- it's the least I can do.
    He's been a customer for 20 years. I'm sad & very angry right now.
    Amen to you!!!
    You are an outstanding person!!!
    I am going to have my wife read this. She doesn't understand when I do things like this......
    Blessed be you friend
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    And there you go, increasing the government workforce by +100,000. Someone needs to do the paperwork and legwork watching these people. And when they do their job too well they end up loosing their job, should work.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Wonder if it would be cheaper.

Senator Hugh Segal wants to scrap welfare to combat poverty

It's usually those on the left of the political spectrum who tout the policy of a 'guaranteed income.'

Heck, it's in the communist manifesto — isn't it?

Well, now a right-wing politico is promoting the concept.

In the most recent issue of the Literary Issue of Canada, Tory Senator Hugh Segal argues that we should scrap welfare in exchange for a system whereby the federal government 'tops-up' the income of everyone who is beneath the poverty line to the poverty line.

Segal argues that most, if not all of the money, could be recouped through cost savings realized in health care (ie: less people getting sick), welfare payments and in the administration of other income supplement programs.
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canad...231850185.html
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12