Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tankless

Most tankless water heaters don't have a pre-purge. They have a post purge. I have a Rinnai in my house and it works great.
    Become a friend or fan on Facebook

I think it's unfortunate that they ended up having to market these heaters as energy savers - they really don't save that much energy, and in a lot of cases, end up using the same or more, AND using more water as well. The cold sandwich gets families to leave water running sometimes too long. Showers no longer have any real time limit. You get the idea.

That said, I installed a tankless about 4 year ago, and I love it - but for the RIGHT reasons. it's a lot smaller than my old tank, and it runs forever. I spend more on gas than I used to, because we just use the hot water a lot more. I actually would like to install a mini-tank heater and recirc line to get rid of the sandwich issue, and get instant hot water, which would pretty much eliminate all the negatives of the system.

Recirc is totally worth it. Just do it. I find it annoying now waiting for hot water or getting too hot of water and having to mix it.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Recirc is totally worth it. Just do it. I find it annoying now waiting for hot water or getting too hot of water and having to mix it.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, I know it is worth it - I just spent my household upgrades budget on a softener though, so it'll have to wait a bit for the recirc upgrade.

I hear you. I don't think i can get a new system for my downstairs until October.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12