Smile

I would like to hear anyones opinion on a good heat load calculatiion software. I am at a point where I could go into buisness for myself, but do not have the time to go back to school to learn man j /d . I have 7 yrs in the buisness and mainly do change outs. I am a Firefighter and really just want to use hvac work as a supplemental income, however I want my work to be A PLUS, as I have always been taught to do the best job I can. Thank you for any advice!

Go to top of this page and click Hvac Calc.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I have used Wrightsoft for 7 yrs and love - i have tried others like elite and just didn't find it as accurate and user friendly. Some local jurisdictions only allow certain programs to be used within their areas also- so make sure to contact your local building authority and make sure of that.

David Wilson

I downloaded HVAC-CALC (again, at the top of this page)a couple of months ago for use on my own abode. As a novice to the HVAC world, I found it an intuitive piece of software. Most everything is explained in the accompanying instructions, you just need to fill-in the blanks as shown by the included tutorial. The one thing I changed was the suggested setup parameter showing the coldest temprature here in Smyrna, GA as -15 Degrees (I used zero F). Okay, maybe once in a century it hits -15...

The software does allow you to choose flex or rigid duct, and will give a PDF file output showing recommended duct sizes per room. Highly recommended.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by ffswany
    I am at a point where I could go into buisness for myself, but do not have the time to go back to school to learn man j /d .

I have 7 yrs in the buisness and mainly do change outs.
    wRIGHT Soft

Let me know your needs via e-mail (see my credentials)
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Lackster : -15 ODT anywhere in Georgia???

I just scrolled through all Georgia city design conditions provided in HVAC-Calc and none advised a winter temp below +22 Deg F.

-15 Deg F would be reasonable in parts of northern New England or the upper Midwest, but certainly nowhere in Georgia or any adjacent state...

Click the bullseye at the top of the pa... Hey! Where'd the bullseye go???

HVAC-Calc for me. If you want to be punished use ResCheck.

WATERCOP...

You are correct. I fired up my HVAC CALC program and used the Marietta-Dobbins (Air Reserve Base) location (I hear the sound of freedom flying overhead at all hours - sweet!).
    My version 4.0.50 defaults to 21 F winter, 92 F summer outdoor temps.

My appologies to Don Sleeth. I guess this means I have NO issues with the software. Just read the instructions carefully.