The blower on my Rheem Criterion II model RGPH-10EBRJR has been getting louder and louder over the past year. It is to the point now that I really need to get it replaced. I am positive it is the ball bearings in the direct drive motor. I believe the motor is covered by a limited warranty of 5 years by Rheem after reading a pdf manual online (my builder did not supply me with a manual) this morning. How do I get service on this? I cannot find a number for Rheem and I am not sure that a local HVAC guy will work with Rheem to satisfy my warranty. The unit was 3 years old as of July. Manufacture date of 03/2003.

Go to Rheem web site.

Click on Rheem heating and cooling. There will be a dealer finder on the page. Rest is self explanatory

Contact the original HVAC installer. Some will warranty the labor as long for as long as the manufacturer warranties the part. If not then any authorized dealer can do it but you will pay for the labor.

nep_m Guest

ridiculous

< See ya >

[Edited by jrbenny on 12-19-2006 at 04:21 PM]

Somebody with administrative privileges?

I'm speaking as a contractor but I have seen more money wasted by DYIs trying to fix their own units. Think about that before you try to save a buck! Maybe you should have them check the rest of your unit to avoid any further problems. Good Luck!

e-nep-t

Hey nep whats your problem with contractors sounds like you have a lot of pent-up frustration. Maybe if you didn't hire the cheapest contractor aall the time you would have a better outlook on life!

Don't let it get to you, falk,

I think there are people here having fun on somebody else's dime.

nep_m said:
    >>I'm an idiot.

Gee... there are site rules which distinctly identify this as *not* a site to encourage DIY. I understand there is debate about the dividing line as to what a pro will object to, but this is way over the line. There are other sites which are appropriate to DIY projects in HVAC.

This physical project makes me feel creepy, there may well be some dire bad effects which can result from a mistake. Maybe some of the pros will spell out the reasons a homeowner might not want to do this.

I'm myself in favor of having a pro do most everythign a pro is willing to, my main objection is all the things our local techs *don't* want to do that are clearly professional things. I would encourage the anti-hack type of pro very very much.

Regards -- Pstu

[Edited by jrbenny on 12-19-2006 at 04:21 PM]

Re: ridiculous

Originally posted by nep_m
    Why must I be so stupid?
    something tells me you wont be a guest much longer
    anyway it would be nice if it were as simple as you would like someone to believe.
    what about all the other wires on that motor
    what about the controls mounted on the blower housing and all those silly wires going to it.

call the contractor that installed it and have him replace it under warrenti even if the lobor isnt covered you will rest easer and safer

[Edited by jrbenny on 12-19-2006 at 04:22 PM]