Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 20 of 20
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Do you really want me to start dragging up stories of soldiers and cops who "lose it"? How about the amount of them that become mercs?

    I believe everyone should be trained in firearms at the earliest age possible. I recently saw a news story of a 7 year old that shot a man who broke into her home, through her closet door, due to her mother having taught her to do that. That's the type of firearms training that should be going on.

    Your nuclear weapons argument is a classical straw man fallacy and does nothing but detract from the conversation. The only purpose nukes serve is keeping everyone else from using theirs. There is no way any government will use them because they would lose the very thing they are trying to control.
    12 year old... I dont think mommy had trained her in any way.... I believe she just told her where the gun was and to run and hide in a closet and shoot when the sob tried to open the door.

    Good plan though...

    Unfortunately for every feel good story like that there is a story like this....

    http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/22/...icle-trend-now

    and unfortunately we seem to have more instances of the latter type..... which pretty much says that most americans shouldnt be trusted with owning a firearm....

    Would you want the guy who blasts a kid in skunk costume training his kids in firearms use and safety ???

    Nope...

    The food we eat, tv, the internet..... americas brains have went thru some serious changes the last few decades..... we are for the most part folks who cant make clear and logical decisions.....and therefore..... many of us.....well.... most of us......should not be allowed access to guns.

    Want to make sure your family is safe..... Move to a safer neighborhood or a gated community....get your kids in a good private school ....

    Cant afford it.... Get a better job...... This is America....and in America the only person who can truly hold you back is yourself.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,207
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I know....the constitution.... it's written so that we should all carry nukes.
    Hoplophobia
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,207
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Want to make sure your family is safe..... Move to a safer neighborhood or a gated community....get your kids in a good private school ....

    Cant afford it.... Get a better job...... This is America....and in America the only person who can truly hold you back is yourself.
    the answer is so simple for YOU isn't it. To even suggest that people can simply pack up and move tells us you are morally and intellectually bankrupt.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,929
    Corny has an appropriate screen name...

    Fits most of his posts...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    12 year old... I dont think mommy had trained her in any way.... I believe she just told her where the gun was and to run and hide in a closet and shoot when the sob tried to open the door.

    Good plan though...

    Unfortunately for every feel good story like that there is a story like this....

    http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/22/...icle-trend-now

    and unfortunately we seem to have more instances of the latter type..... which pretty much says that most americans shouldnt be trusted with owning a firearm....

    Would you want the guy who blasts a kid in skunk costume training his kids in firearms use and safety ???

    Nope...

    The food we eat, tv, the internet..... americas brains have went thru some serious changes the last few decades..... we are for the most part folks who cant make clear and logical decisions.....and therefore..... many of us.....well.... most of us......should not be allowed access to guns.

    Want to make sure your family is safe..... Move to a safer neighborhood or a gated community....get your kids in a good private school ....

    Cant afford it.... Get a better job...... This is America....and in America the only person who can truly hold you back is yourself.
    The problem with all these argument are the same. Whom is responsible for determining who has the right to defend themselves and how much can that power be abused.

    Any power surrendered is power loss never to be regained.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,614
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Corny has an appropriate screen name...

    Fits most of his posts...
    x2
    We really need change now

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    the answer is so simple for YOU isn't it. To even suggest that people can simply pack up and move tells us you are morally and intellectually bankrupt.
    Just depends on how much they care about their family.... Sacrafice......is the key word....

    If you are living in a place where your family is in danger then if you care about your familys safety you will do what it takes to get them out of there... 2nd job, educate yourself to get a better paying job..... just move and hope that the lord works things out for you.

    Sitting there every single day with your family closer and closer to becoming statistics in a crime report sure isnt the answer.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event