Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880

    A good way to protect politicians

    A truly great idea.

    Should be enacted as soon as we can.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Urbandale IA. USA
    Posts
    4,887
    I don't know where you are going with this, but politicians should receive the same protection as school children....
    .
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,190
    works for me, Chuck Schumer and Dianne Feinstein both have CCW permits, they can protect themselves, like the rest of us
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Sorry, embed link in the first post. There is a petition to enact gun free zones around them. I would assume that would apply to them as well. It's how we protect our schools right?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I've seen people talking about this.....in my opinion it's kind of dumb to compare trained, and maintained professionals to your every day citizen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I've seen people talking about this.....in my opinion it's kind of dumb to compare trained, and maintained professionals to your every day citizen.
    Not sure I follow your thinking here...

    Are the trained professionals more important that citizens? Might want to read the Constitution on that one... the founders did not think so.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,386
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I've seen people talking about this.....in my opinion it's kind of dumb to compare trained, and maintained professionals to your every day citizen.

    Not everyone has taxpayer provided and funded protective services.

    Those of us who WORK for a living and actually DO OUR JOBS, have to pay for THEIR protective details.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

    Not sure I follow your thinking here...

    Are the trained professionals more important that citizens? Might want to read the Constitution on that one... the founders did not think so.
    I know....the constitution.... it's written so that we should all carry nukes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I know....the constitution.... it's written so that we should all carry nukes.
    No... it is written with the assumption each person will voluntarily take care of themselves.... How hard is that (to understand or to do)?

    "We the people..." Remember that one... Kinda like the CITIZENS are the deciding body... the government is just a SERVANT who goes through the motions. I wonder what it would take to get folks motivated enough to TELL congress what they will be allowed to do and what they will NOT be allowed to do. Got any suggestions what we need to do to motivate folks to that level?

    This idea of a govt providing a 'safe' society and place to live... well the founders KNEW it was folly. I wish they were here to explain... however they would be marginalized as the media marginalizes others who do not follow the liberal mantra.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I know....the constitution.... it's written so that we should all carry nukes.
    Yup, only the people that desire power should be allowed near the weapons needed to control people. I really do not understand how people think that only power hungry people should be armed is a good idea. Do you know where corrupt power hungry people end up? They end up in government, the military, and law enforcement. These are the people you want to be completely dependent upon for your safty. I know, I know, the good ones will protect you from the corrupt ones. Still waiting to see the good ones by the way.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post

    Yup, only the people that desire power should be allowed near the weapons needed to control people. I really do not understand how people think that only power hungry people should be armed is a good idea. Do you know where corrupt power hungry people end up? They end up in government, the military, and law enforcement. These are the people you want to be completely dependent upon for your safty. I know, I know, the good ones will protect you from the corrupt ones. Still waiting to see the good ones by the way.
    I don't believe any of what you just said, what I believe is that trained professionals are less likely to lose control than everyday individuals.

    I believe we should train people before they buy firearms.

    What I am trying to show is that many who scream 2nd amendment do not necessarily believe in it....or else they would not bat an eye if everyone were allowed to carry nuclear weapons.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I don't believe any of what you just said, what I believe is that trained professionals are less likely to lose control than everyday individuals.

    I believe we should train people before they buy firearms.

    What I am trying to show is that many who scream 2nd amendment do not necessarily believe in it....or else they would not bat an eye if everyone were allowed to carry nuclear weapons.
    Do you really want me to start dragging up stories of soldiers and cops who "lose it"? How about the amount of them that become mercs?

    I believe everyone should be trained in firearms at the earliest age possible. I recently saw a news story of a 7 year old that shot a man who broke into her home, through her closet door, due to her mother having taught her to do that. That's the type of firearms training that should be going on.

    Your nuclear weapons argument is a classical straw man fallacy and does nothing but detract from the conversation. The only purpose nukes serve is keeping everyone else from using theirs. There is no way any government will use them because they would lose the very thing they are trying to control.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    I am not trying to pile it on here... however:

    There comes a time in every boy's life when they have to reach deep within themselves and find that inner strength and confidence to take care of things themselves (without breaking laws). It is not always easy nor fun... and most of the time it takes a lot of effort. However (and this is what is important):

    When the boy reaches deep within himself; and finds that inner strength to do what he must... The result is the the boy becomes a man. It is not about violence.. rather KNOWING one "can" do it.
    When that confidence that ONLY COMES FROM THIS EXPERIENCE has been realized (one MUST WALK IT OUT), they are never the same.

    Now GA is NOT saying go out and look for trouble... rather when the inevitable trouble comes (as it always does sooner or later)... the boy who has become a man through experience knows they can handle it.

    Just part of life.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event